• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ballance's dropping was the right move. This does smell more of "well we need to drop Bell, so we'll bring back Ballance" than is ideal though.

Marius

International Debutant
I have to say KP was growing on me. He played a few games in the Ram Slam here in SA, and - apart from batting like a champ - he came across as a really nice guy in post-match interviews, keen on helping youngsters and helping to grow the game in SA.

And then the other night a documentary on him was shown on TV here. I haven't seen a more self-indulgent, congratulatory mess in years. In that KP came across as the eternal victim who can do no wrong. It was ridiculous.

And his rant about the touring party to SA was really unnecessary, again he came across as such a whiney self-centred clown.

slippy888

International Captain
Kevin Pietersen

Just seen him smash a very high quality bowling lineup on his way to a 82 not out match winning innings in a PSL game, surely this guy deserve a 2nd chance to play international cricket.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm starting to really go off the Strauss/Cook clique and Pietersen's stock is rising in proportion to that - yes, we all accept he is an arrogant flash annoying git but it is becoming easier with time to conclude Strauss being the wanker in the big 2012 bust up.

Niall

International Coach
He scored 3 in his previous 3 innings don't forget!

High quality bowling line up is been kind, Narine isn't great not that he can't chuck, Tanvir is trash while Delport who bowled towards the end is a part timer and that is been kind.

The fact he chickened out of the IPL was him admitting he is done at the highest level I reckon,

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just seen him smash a very high quality bowling lineup on his way to a 82 not out match winning innings in a PSL game, surely this guy deserve a 2nd chance to play international cricket.
No he doesn't. Yet if you think that is a high quality attack you need to go to specsavers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm starting to really go off the Strauss/Cook clique and Pietersen's stock is rising in proportion to that - yes, we all accept he is an arrogant flash annoying git but it is becoming easier with time to conclude Strauss being the wanker in the big 2012 bust up.
Only if you've got a massive chip on your shoulder about the ECB and Strauss...

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Only if you've got a massive chip on your shoulder about the ECB and Strauss...
I'd like to refute what you've said but you are entirely correct, I have ''got a massive chip on my shoulder'' about the ECB haha. I think they are a despicable group of cash obsessed public school cretins whose aim it is to destroy the eighteen counties - that and acquire money for themselves.

I still say and did say at the time that they (England) played stodgy conservative cricket under Strauss and (early) Cook irrespective of the above.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, they don't want to destroy all 18 counties.......only the ones that are practically Scotland.

And Strauss took an England team from 51 ao in the West Indies and ranked 5th in the world, to an away win in Aus and then No1 inside two and half years. It was successful cricket not "stodgy and conservative".

I'm soooo sick of this thread and calls for KP's return. We all agree there was (a lot) of fault on both sides of this fiasco, but when it comes to who has contributed positively the most to English cricket then my arse is firmly on Strauss and Cooks side of the fence. **** KP.

slippy888

International Captain
I want to see Pietersen back in South Africa to play for South Africa it would be amazing to see him back the home boy, imagine him play against England at lords for South Africa.

Bijed

International Regular
I want to see Pietersen back in South Africa to play for South Africa it would be amazing to see him back the home boy, imagine him play against England at lords for South Africa.
It would feel very strange, after the recent Kolpak exodus, if SA then selected someone who represented another country for 8-9 years. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but still.