• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nothing you've just said contradicts what Marc said. I suggest you read his post again.

I was posting off my phone there and could not browse around for his post.. Just quoted him and responded below.. You can see where I do not agree with him and why I think his post is not totally correct...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Must admit, its weird how personal this issue has become on CW. Debate on it has been oddly aggressive.

I think there are legitimate arguments either way as to whether KP has been mistreated, should be in the team etc. However specifically in relation to KP's article, I think if an England fan doesn't like KP potting Ballance and calling him scared, or potting Moeen and calling him not international standard, a non-England fan can't necessarily argue that he doesn't have the right to feel that way. Its a little bit different to a debate as to whether KP should have been banned in the first place.

I think KP being banned twice overcomplicates the issue as to what KP can and cannot say, as its a bit unfair having him banned and called a C word on national TV and ECB leaking against him, but at the same time he apparently has to keep quiet and be the bigger man. But it is a bit awkward publicly criticising current players and then in the same article saying he wants back so badly. Its a bit unsavoury. Plus, its not like Ballance or Moeen are at fault for him being banned.

Tricky one. At this stage its probably best that England just move on now, even though I feel the goal posts are constantly shifting with KP. There's nothing good that can come from him returning now, considering Strauss is in charge.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Must admit, its weird how personal this issue has become on CW. Debate on it has been oddly aggressive.

I think there are legitimate arguments either way as to whether KP has been mistreated, should be in the team etc. However specifically in relation to KP's article, I think if an England fan doesn't like KP potting Ballance and calling him scared, or potting Moeen and calling him not international standard, a non-England fan can't necessarily argue that he doesn't have the right to feel that way. Its a little bit different to a debate as to whether KP should have been banned in the first place.

I think KP being banned twice overcomplicates the issue as to what KP can and cannot say, as its a bit unfair having him banned and called a C word on national TV and ECB leaking against him, but at the same time he apparently has to keep quiet and be the bigger man. But it is a bit awkward publicly criticising current players and then in the same article saying he wants back so badly. Its a bit unsavoury. Plus, its not like Ballance or Moeen are at fault for him being banned.

Tricky one. At this stage its probably best that England just move on now, even though I feel the goal posts are constantly shifting with KP. There's nothing good that can come from him returning now, considering Strauss is in charge.
Excellent post

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, he can be such a **** you can lose sight of what an interesting interviewee he ought to be, as he is there

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
2014 will go down as monumental year in the history of the ECB. They conspired to end the career of KP, England's only player on the modern era who would be close to an all-time England XI, while selling out the rest of world cricket to increase its bank account's, joining the BCCI & CA in most retrograde step the International Cricket Council revamp, that the sport has ever known.

What ENG did to KP as Piers Morgan said will always remain "one of the most gutless, vindictive things I've seen in English sport"

Thanks to AUS poor batting, ENG won one of the most strangest Ashes series in a long while. Because fact is outside of Root - AUS quicks even with Harris injured pretty much exposed majority of the top 7 & a scenario that many predicted could happen where players could be dropped (Ballance) due to technical faults being exposed was created for KP to be returned did occur.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, I think its time we moved on about this issue. I clearly think the way it was handled was wrong but at the end of the day, Strauss made a call and his team have been super successful since and you can't honestly argue with results. Even KP seems to have moved on, so should we. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

so basically you are just echoing some guy's view... Even that biased idiot, Haigh, would know that ICC was far worse when it was the "Imperial" cricket council and when they let RSA play on longer than any other sport did. Face it. This game was always run by the ones who had power and today, money is the one that provides power. India are flexing it. It is not right, it is not what is best for the game at large and it will blow up in their faces, but it has all happened before, thanks to the English and Australian cricket boards and I probably think it will happen again. It is one thing to despise how they are controlling the game, quite another to pretend as if it is the first time it is happening.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
so basically you are just echoing some guy's view... Even that biased idiot, Haigh, would know that ICC was far worse when it was the "Imperial" cricket council and when they let RSA play on longer than any other sport did. Face it. This game was always run by the ones who had power and today, money is the one that provides power. India are flexing it. It is not right, it is not what is best for the game at large and it will blow up in their faces, but it has all happened before, thanks to the English and Australian cricket boards and I probably think it will happen again. It is one thing to despise how they are controlling the game, quite another to pretend as if it is the first time it is happening.
Haha Whoa this is the first time I've ever heard Haigh who is one of the best cricket historians around called a "biased idiot". That's such a shocking statement I don't even know where to start.

If you read that piece and interpreted as Haigh suggesting that "It is one thing to despise how they are controlling the game, quite another to pretend as if it is the first time it is happening" - then I have to question your comprehension skills a bit.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I never said Haigh suggested that. You did, calling it the most retrogade step in cricket history. It blatantly is not, simply because it has happened before.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I never said Haigh suggested that. You did, calling it the most retrogade step in cricket history. It blatantly is not, simply because it has happened before.
No it is worse than before because instead of cricket having two teams ENG/AUS controlling things (mind you ECB/CA were by no means as tyrannical and sleazy as BCCI in the last decade after Dalmiya left as president the first time) - we have 3 controlling all with their vision to grow the game due to modern needs highly questions.

So overall just to clarify is Haigh still a biased idiot?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Of course he is... And can you clarify how exactly you are categorically stating that ECB/CA were no means as sleazy and Tyrannical as BCCI? I ll say under Giles Clarke in the last few years itself, ECB has been just as bad, if not worse, than the BCCI. At least the BCCI does not go around getting their best player look like a **** to feed the head honcho's ego. 8-)