• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is the eye roll emoticon ever used? Ruins any argument, however well constructed (even though they are usually used with not so well constructed ones).

Niall

International Coach
KP can say what he wants now, he's not getting picked. If he was actually serious about wanting to get back in the side now (which even if he did, Strauss won't allow it), he wouldn't be flying out to the Carribbean to play a Mickey Mouse T20 tournament. He'd find a way out of his contract, like he did his IPL one, and be playing County Cricket for the full season.
He's already squandered one lucrative T20 contract chasing international cricket,after what happened with Strauss why give up another one?

King Pietersen

International Captain
He's already squandered one lucrative T20 contract chasing international cricket,after what happened with Strauss why give up another one?
If he genuinely wants to get picked for England, playing for St Lucia isn't going to be the move that changes Strauss and the selectors minds. If he genuinely thought he had a chance at getting back in, he'd give up that contract in a heart-beat. I think KP knows he's not getting back in, so it's disappointing to see him continue to harp on about getting back in and make derogatory comments about the blokes that could be his potential team-mates. It's just not the sort of behaviour that's going to impress Strauss and the ECB Selectors.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he genuinely wants to get picked for England, playing for St Lucia isn't going to be the move that changes Strauss and the selectors minds. If he genuinely thought he had a chance at getting back in, he'd give up that contract in a heart-beat. I think KP knows he's not getting back in, so it's disappointing to see him continue to harp on about getting back in and make derogatory comments about the blokes that could be his potential team-mates. It's just not the sort of behaviour that's going to impress Strauss and the ECB Selectors.
Another renowned KP hater with an anti-KP agenda 8-)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These are very contradictory. If KP knows he's not getting in, surely you should have no problems with any of his comments.

harsh.ag

Just because he genuinely wants to get in doesn't mean he genuinely thinks he has a chance of getting in. Why would he think that, given he's been told categorically there isn't any chance?

For the part in bold, didn't think he said anything derogatory. Pointed out the flaw in Ballance's technique we all know about and suggested he be moved to 5 for the Ashes. If that is derogatory, then a analytical cricket coloumn cannot be written anymore.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
These are very contradictory. If KP knows he's not getting in, surely you should have no problems with any of his comments.
You keep berating hb but your posting in this thread has been piss.
Yeah, what's "derogatory" is saying Ballance doesn't have a good enough technique. Everyone knows that.
Yeah, no, you are the one who chose to get personal, not me. Everyone keeps telling me and others what I think or why I think it. it's not a complex issue. KP should stop pretending that he still has desires to get in the England team. That bun isn't in the oven anymore. So let's stop pretending about it.

And AS IF a team member or prospective team member should comment on a team-mate's technique. If Cook made those comments he would rightly be slammed. If KP genuinely thought he was going to be in the team this summer then he wouldn't be saying it, so the criticism is for putting 'I wanna be back in the team lol' in every second paragraph.

Nobody is saying KP shouldn't have an opinion.

Edit - as for berating hb, just so we're clear it was aimed just as much at you and the rubbish you've been spouting.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, no, you are the one who chose to get personal, not me. Everyone keeps telling me and others what I think or why I think it. it's not a complex issue. KP should stop pretending that he still has desires to get in the England team. That bun isn't in the oven anymore. So let's stop pretending about it.

And AS IF a team member or prospective team member should comment on a team-mate's technique. If Cook made those comments he would rightly be slammed. If KP genuinely thought he was going to be in the team this summer then he wouldn't be saying it, so the criticism is for putting 'I wanna be back in the team lol' in every second paragraph.

This. I have no problem with KP sharing his opinion. But sharing his opinion on things such as the squads techniques, and then saying he wants in just isn't on. If he admitted he's given up on getting back in then fair enough, share your opinion, but don't claim you want back in and are working to get back in, slag the blokes off that are currently in the team and then **** off to the Caribbean.

OverratedSanity

Edit - as for berating hb, just so we're clear it was aimed just as much at you and the rubbish you've been spouting.
Nah, my posting has been exemplary, thank you.

OverratedSanity

Really, most of the "rubbish I've been spouting" is just my opinion which I've posted in a polite manner. And here's GIMH liking a post by harsh saying rolleye emoticons are rubbish and then going on to use a rolleye emoticon in the very next post.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

heh

harsh.ag

Again, those two things are not the same. As far as I can see, he has genuine desire to be in the team, but has no reason to genuinely believe he will be in the team given he has been given a categorical no. And that is completely fair given what has been said by Strauss.

Both you and KingPietersen are making the same mistake.

Top_Cat

Yeah, what's "derogatory" is saying Ballance doesn't have a good enough technique. Everyone knows that.
He went a bit further than that.

His technique suggests he is scared of the short ball.
will be interpreted as

He is scared of the short ball.
In the context of a dressing room he'd apparently love to join again, not the smartest move regardless of whether he meant it sincerely. Some guys get physical for even suggesting it.