• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** you GIMH, basically the whole article is him praising Cook, Stokes,Root and even Bell. He said the only one with serious technical flaws was Ballance, and he's absolutely right. Ballance's technique is total crap.

I'll pick uout actual quotes from the article to show what a biased **** you are.

It was lovely to see England win and Stokes play so well, especially given how he has been treated in recent times.
I feel very sorry for Ian Bell. Over the last 12-14 months he has not quite produced the numbers he is capable of but he will be back.
England were 30 for four on the first morning of the first Test and Ben Stokes and Joe Root came out and played beautifully. That was thrilling to watch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So say they wanted to drop Bell and pick KP? Be nice and comfortable for Ballance having KP walking in having publically trounced him for his flaws.

It's not bias at all.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pietersen is on the money when he says that, if the same middle order is to be retained, then Bell and Root have to move up a spot each, and Ballance should come in at 5.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GIMH - when can KP speak freely? Isn't he allowed to now that he's been banned for a 2nd time?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH - when can KP speak freely? Isn't he allowed to now that he's been banned for a 2nd time?
He can do what he wants, but:

1. Talking about how he still wants into the team at the same time as writing about any member of that team's specific weaknesses is nonsense, how could anyone pretend otherwise
2. It's a vicious circle isn't it? Had he kept his mouth shut before, he'd have had a lot more people on his side, and who knows might have been more likely to earn a recall. And here we go again

I've zero issue with anyone who wants to write about what's wrong with the England team if they have no desire to be part of it. If Ravi Bopara wrote that piece and padded it out with 'I still hope to be recalled' I would say exactly the same. He's a doos.

King Pietersen

International Captain
KP can say what he wants now, he's not getting picked. If he was actually serious about wanting to get back in the side now (which even if he did, Strauss won't allow it), he wouldn't be flying out to the Carribbean to play a Mickey Mouse T20 tournament. He'd find a way out of his contract, like he did his IPL one, and be playing County Cricket for the full season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP can say what he wants now, he's not getting picked. If he was actually serious about wanting to get back in the side now (which even if he did, Strauss won't allow it), he wouldn't be flying out to the Carribbean to play a Mickey Mouse T20 tournament. He'd find a way out of his contract, like he did his IPL one, and be playing County Cricket for the full season.
Exactly. So why doesn't he stop pretending? That's why I called him an idiot. But the cabal were all over me, as per.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He can do what he wants, but:

1. Talking about how he still wants into the team at the same time as writing about any member of that team's specific weaknesses is nonsense, how could anyone pretend otherwise
2. It's a vicious circle isn't it? Had he kept his mouth shut before, he'd have had a lot more people on his side, and who knows might have been more likely to earn a recall. And here we go again

I've zero issue with anyone who wants to write about what's wrong with the England team if they have no desire to be part of it. If Ravi Bopara wrote that piece and padded it out with 'I still hope to be recalled' I would say exactly the same. He's a doos.
You mean to say you wouldn't have an issue with KP making these statements if he didn't also say he wanted to be in the team? I doubt it somehow.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well if you read the post that directly follow yours, you'll see why it isn't true.

Well, I beg to differ... With Strauss around, maybe no matter what he does, he is going to get shoved aside. If that is the situation, then he should be free to say what he feels about the current team (and it is not like he is not on the money here) and still be able to say that HE wants to be part of the team. Obviously no matter what he does and how much he wants to be part of the team, people are gonna ensure he never gets picked. So why bother about niceties when you can offer the honest insight?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Your post was just passive-aggressive and vacuous in the extreme. It was a totally facile remark that was obviously intended to flame. **** post.

As is yours here... **** post..

And FTR, reading through the thread would give anyone the same reaction I had and hence would have posted in just the same manner.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exactly. So why doesn't he stop pretending? That's why I called him an idiot. But the cabal were all over me, as per.
Okay, I would like to have a billion dollars, even though I don't now, and have very dim chances of having them ever. If I really wanted a billion dollars, I would be working crazy hard, starting businesses and making networks, but I am not. However, I still say I would like to be a billionaire, and still criticize billionaires who I think are ****s or who can be better etc.

That probably describes about three quarters of the human population. Any reasonable theory of idiocy should apply to three quarters of the population. So, I approve.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You mean to say you wouldn't have an issue with KP making these statements if he didn't also say he wanted to be in the team? I doubt it somehow.
Doubt it all you want. Show me where I've criticised anyone else, ex-England, for having strong views.

You forget I was always a huge KP fan, from my first day on this forum. People are acting like I have an agenda against him, rather than an opinion.