• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, getting incredibly shambolic now. How weird it is that Aus, NZ, and SA are the only boards who use their powers wisely. Maybe BCB too, wouldn't know.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, getting incredibly shambolic now. How weird it is that Aus, NZ, and SA are the only boards who use their powers wisely. Maybe BCB too, wouldn't know.
BCB can't be included there. There was a photo that I saw few months back with Shakib kneeling before the BCB president. The resignations of captains in the team indicate that it is not as peaceful as the other boards you have mentioned.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, funny including the NZC in that list too. They've had a distinctly chequered record in the last couple of years. But yeah, relatively speaking they are probably near the top in terms of managing the game and the national side appropriately, which is just darn hilarious.

Spark

Global Moderator
CA hardly shining lights in recent years as well, though they've generally cleaned up their act when it comes to this sort of player-focussed drama of late...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, funny including the NZC in that list too. They've had a distinctly chequered record in the last couple of years. But yeah, relatively speaking they are probably near the top in terms of managing the game and the national side appropriately, which is just darn hilarious.
Considering the Edgar fiasco NZC definitely can't be included

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The Edgar 'fiasco' is very small beer compared to the kinds of shennigans the ECB, BCCI, SLC, PCB and ZCB get up to.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
CA hardly shining lights in recent years as well, though they've generally cleaned up their act when it comes to this sort of player-focussed drama of late...
So, RSA the only board left. And they too have had the colour issue at the world cup. Means to say, no board is peaceful right now without any dramas :)

Flem274*

123/5
Apologies

**** posting by me

Some reason I thought Ryder was averaging in the mid to high twenties in test cricket, obviously not as good as Kp,but yeah defo not a zillion miles away from him in quality.

Sorry Flem.
holy crap, this is the first time i've ever been a dismissive douche to someone on the internet and got my own way immediately.

you are way classier than me. you're meant to be equally douchey back and get an army of butthurt kiwis in here defending the talent of someone we don't want to play for us anyway.

Pothas

Didn't forget. Just didn't include him in my list of players he failed and didn't deserve more chances. The opposite was the case.
They quite obviously made the wrong choice (I thought it was correct at the time) but I still don't think he was good enough. Far from convinced he is a better batsman than Carberry.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Oh come on. Carberry got in the Ashes on the back of a season averaging 40 in div 2. Compton had three gun division 1 seasons in a row when he got picked.

Pothas

He had one amazingly good season and it was fair enough that he got his chance. Carberry has been a very good county batsman for longer, both have pretty similar career averages, both are probably not quite good enough for test cricket. Carbs just played most of his tests in more difficult circumstances than Compton did.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He had one amazingly good season and it was fair enough that he got his chance. Carberry has been a very good county batsman for longer, both have pretty similar career averages, both are probably not quite good enough for test cricket. Carbs just played most of his tests in the most difficult circumstances than Compton did.
Agree for the most part, but the pitches Compton played on in the 2012 series in India were far from easy for a rookie English batsman. Did an ok job.

Pothas

Yeah he did fine, rather like Carberry did in the ashes but in India there was Cook and KP making load of runs as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure Compton had had three seasons in a row averaging 50 plus. The last of which was in the high 90s where he won player of year. Pretty sure Compton's 2013 season might have been better than Carb's at a division higher as well.

Also relevant about Compton is remember how they dropped him and then made him play that warm up game for Worcestershire (or whoever it was) making it seem the door was still open. He got runs and they never picked him for anything ever again. Bit like KP here in some ways, especially when we found out he didn't really fit in with the team environment, or something like that, later.

Agree for the most part, but the pitches Compton played on in the 2012 series in India were far from easy for a rookie English batsman. Did an ok job.
Yeah and people forget how bad England had been in Asia for most of 2010 until that second innings in Ahmedabad. Trott in Galle and KP in Colombo where the only tons in the five tests England played in UAE and SL on pitches arguably flatter than the ones India served up. No one thought it would be easy and Compton coming out averaging mid 30s or whatever he did was actually a pretty good effort. Only issue he had was not going on with starts, but he made good platforms with Cook, which was crucial to Trott, KP and Bell finding form as the series went on.