• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank **** they didn't pick KP then. I'd prefer Captain Cook stayed, he's one of the worst tactical captains in the modern game. If he'd been born 250 years ago, we'd be speaking French in Australia now.

Shri

Mr. Glass
So I'm not the only one who feels Sanga is a bit of a dick.

He's a smart classy mofo, but he's a **** too. Just gives off this vibe. Don't like him as much as many others here do. He's like the really smart kid in school, who is also really snarky and mean and knows how to appear like an angel to the teachers and other parents but when the backs are turned he'll play a mean prank on the poor little fat girl in the corner and make her cry.
Agreed but Sehwag isn't a fat girl ffs.

Flem274*

123/5
I still wouldn't be sad to see KP in that dressing room. Would make England better on paper but worse in reality since the claws would be ripping inward instead of outward.
Shri and ***** on point here. Sanga gets away with being a **** because he's an eloquent bastard. He's always come off as a massive whiner when you peel away his ***iness.
Nah that's Mahela.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Cook would have quit over KP, say reports | cricket.com.au

Wow. A lot of things starting to make more sense.
No, the right move would have been to ask Cook to grow the **** or gtfo. And anyone else along with Cook. That would have been a long term plan worth applauding. They would get their asses kicked again as normal after a brief anomaly in their history but the attitudes of the future players would have been better. This is just going to tell everyone that elitism will always play a part in their process. Hope Flintoff is given free reign some time in the future. He might suck with strategic **** but he would fix the common sense attitude problems prevalent in the setup now.

England players are just not ****ing professional compared to other sides. I mean Murali Vijay ****ed Dinesh Kartik's wife and got her pregnant which led to a divorce but they stilled played for the same team without incident. Cook et al are sensitive prima donnas and nothing else compared to a few others who managed to co-exist.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This argument is a pretty weak one imo. Under the same logic, Australia wouldn't have picked Ryan Harris or Brad Haddin for the 2013/14 Ashes either. For the marquee series like the Ashes you want your best players available - regardless of how much time they may have left in their careers.
But what I said was that Strauss was focused on longer-term results.

They could never say it publicly but England know they don't have a **** show in hell of winning the Ashes. There's not one single area England have anywhere near parity in. And KP might not score many more than Ballance, Root etc who have 10 years in them. So not picking him, especially if he's a c*nt (which we're led to believe he is) and an old one at that, is the right decision.

Just misunderstood is KP. Been popular ever since Jason Gallian (?) chucked his bag all over Trent Bridge over the balcony. Give me a spell.

New Zealand has been infinity better without Jesse Ryder when we thought we had to give him a cuddle and tell him he could be any man he wished to me. No one in that set-up even acknowledges he exists anymore. England are best to do the same, even if their piss-ant media won't allow it.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah that's Mahela.
It's both of them. Its just that they are such gun cricketers, are well spoken, have an adorable bromance, play for the loveable underdogs and are constanty antagonising one of the worst run cricket boards in the world. If they were boorish aussies we'd be calling them a pair of ****s

Niall

International Coach
But what I said was that Strauss was focused on longer-term results.

New Zealand has been infinity better without Jesse Ryder when we thought we had to give him a cuddle and tell him he could be any man he wished to me. No one in that set-up even acknowledges he exists anymore. England are best to do the same, even if their piss-ant media won't allow it.
Didn't they want him to play for the A team last year? Its Jessie who doesn't want to play International cricket any more and really is he any worse than Hamish block smash Rutherford? Heck even as a middle order back up he could do a job.

Anyway he was never half the player that KP was.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Bell waited for ECB not to look like losers, the bugger would never get to make a poor decision, and that's just cruel.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If people think the English cricket team can be their personal playground without any eyebrows raised, they are kidding themselves. Playing for the country cannot be based on skewed logics.