• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Hooksey

Banned
To be fair, the ECB's bull**** has cost him a lot of money. If I'd been led to cancel a $430,000 contract under false pretences, I'd be pretty pissed off too.
I think most were convinced KP would never get selected again after the Ashes fiasco. His book certainly didn't do him any selection favours either.

Hooksey

Banned
KP's sense of humour is admirable :

"Morning all, after a pretty bad day yesterday I've given it a lot of thought overnight," Pietersen wrote to his 2.56 million followers. "I'm applying for the coaching job! #StraussLogic"

Hooksey

Banned
What does this even mean?
You haven't been following what KP has been saying?

"I am angry and hurt but right now there is nothing I can do about it. Strauss will be judged on his results. Yet I have heard from two very good sources that results do not matter this summer anyway. The job description for the director of cricket job is focused on longer-term goals".

"But if Strauss has been told he does not have to win this summer then why should the players train and work hard? In essence, quite incredibly, they have all been given permission to lose the Ashes. I have never heard that before. It is not in my make-up and I know it is not in the make-up of the English public either. Especially for those who have paid a lot of money for tickets".

Shri

Mr. Glass
Tbf, Sanga isn't some mouse mannered dude who doesn't say a bad word about anyone ala VVS. He always speaks his mind... he says it in an eloquent and non-dickish manner, but that's about it. Certainly loves bashing SLCB (deservedly) every chance he gets.
Who gives a **** about what that cheat thinks? If everyone doesn't think of that prick as a classy mother****er for one second while blowing him, that would be great.

cnerd123

likes this
Who gives a **** about what that cheat thinks? If everyone doesn't think of that prick as a classy mother****er for one second while blowing him, that would be great.
So I'm not the only one who feels Sanga is a bit of a dick.

He's a smart classy mofo, but he's a **** too. Just gives off this vibe. Don't like him as much as many others here do. He's like the really smart kid in school, who is also really snarky and mean and knows how to appear like an angel to the teachers and other parents but when the backs are turned he'll play a mean prank on the poor little fat girl in the corner and make her cry.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Strauss' role is focused on longer-term results then that's exactly how it should be. No doubt he'll be in the gun media-wise this summer but there's no-one short of a deity who turns water into wine that could get that side to where it needs to be ASAP. And given that, a 36-year-old KP isn't likely to be where they need to be in 2017.

At the end of the day, KP's head will hit the pillow more comfortably now and into the future with the public kissing his arse as opposed to being picked and being proven to be past it at international level.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shri and ***** on point here. Sanga gets away with being a **** because he's an eloquent bastard. He's always come off as a massive whiner when you peel away his ***iness.

Redbacks

International Captain
It's all set up nicely for the media. Neutral and England fans will enjoy trolling Strauss all summer if England lose and if they win he'll be lauded as a hardheaded genius who fixed the team culture and ushered in a brave new era...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If Strauss' role is focused on longer-term results then that's exactly how it should be. No doubt he'll be in the gun media-wise this summer but there's no-one short of a deity who turns water into wine that could get that side to where it needs to be ASAP. And given that, a 36-year-old KP isn't likely to be where they need to be in 2017.

At the end of the day, KP's head will hit the pillow more comfortably now and into the future with the public kissing his arse as opposed to being picked and being proven to be past it at international level.
This argument is a pretty weak one imo. Under the same logic, Australia wouldn't have picked Ryan Harris or Brad Haddin for the 2013/14 Ashes either. For the marquee series like the Ashes you want your best players available - regardless of how much time they may have left in their careers.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, if the argument is just age, then we'd have dropped Sachin in 2008 and missed out on all those runs he gave us in 2008-11. And instead it would've been Kohli/Pujara who'd have come in and got their butts kicked. It's a dumb mentality many teams have when they think too long term and forget the value of runs you could get from a proven player.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP in the England team would take most of the pressure of the younger players because all the crap would be directed at him, which would be a huge benefit in the Ashes

And I see he's now out for a fortnight with injury - a week that started out so well for him really has turned into a bit of a pisser

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP in the England team would take most of the pressure of the younger players because all the crap would be directed at him, which would be a huge benefit in the Ashes

And I see he's now out for a fortnight with injury - a week that started out so well for him really has turned into a bit of a pisser
Ah the understated Brits..