• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
England can't handle Pietersen. They haven't had such a good batsman in the last 20 years, and probably more.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No. The point is, post-sacking, he showed his colours. Eroded his sympathy and made you think 'jesus'. It doesn't justify the sacking but gives you a glimpse into the character which in turn helps you to understand ever so slightly what they may have had to deal with from him in that dressing room for the past 4-5 years. There is zero logic fail in that. In fact, it's perfectly logical.

Guy gets booted for being an arse > Could he really be that bad? > Begins to be a full arse in full view (Matt Prior spat on twitter the finest example) > Jesus, if this is what he was like all the time then no wonder they got rid. I no longer feel sorry for him
But why on earth do you assume that? That's dumb.

You say he's eroded sympathy, that's fine... a smarter guy could've come out of the whole episode with literally everyone rallying behind him. But think of it this way: Maybe that smarter guy was just as toxic for the team, but after the sacking, was smart about how to get the public on his side. Does that mean he's in the right in actuality ? Of course not. You're essentially ****ting on KP because of how he's handled the fallout... not how he handled himself in the team.

I never agreed with the sacking at the time. His behaviour afterwards made me not want him back, regardless of if the initial act was justified. But it also made me think there probably was something to it all, after all.

And all this 'Oh well of course KP is going to spit his dummy out now after how he's been treated.' It's a classic case of two wrongs.

It's like if someone's missus leaves him, and he doesn't want her to. He hopes they can work it out, okay maybe he's been a tool in the past and she's had enough. She says that's it. here's the line. It's over. So he can move on with his life, but he doesn't really want to. He feels hard done by. Does he take to facebook to denigrate her, maybe try and sleep with her sister? Because ater all, he did nothing wrong so he's right to lash out, right? Thereby slamming the door shut for good. He'll never know if there was a way back because his behaviour post-separation vindicated her decision in her own mind. Whether or not she was right to begin with.
Man that's a dumb analogy :p

But I get you. Still, it seems you're only angry with him for being dumb. You also admit you have no idea whether KP is right or wrong. Yet you're using his behaviour after the "breakup" to convince yourself that he's wrong. In your analogy itself, it's the ECB themselves in their minds who maybe will be feeling vindicated by how KP's acted since the sacking, but why do you feel the same way. I don't get that.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But why on earth do you assume that? That's dumb.

You say he's eroded sympathy, that's fine... a smarter guy could've come out of the whole episode with literally everyone rallying behind him. But think of it this way: Maybe that smarter guy was just as toxic for the team, but after the sacking, was smart about how to get the public on his side? Of course not. You're essentially ****ting on KP because of how he's handled the fallout... not how he handled himself in the team.

Man that's a dumb analogy :p

But I get you. Still, it seems you're only angry with him for being dumb. You also admit you have no idea whether KP is right or wrong. Yet you're using his behaviour after the "breakup" to convince yourself that he's wrong. In your analogy itself, it's the ECB themselves in their minds who maybe will be feeling vindicated by how KP's acted since the sacking, but why do you feel the same way. I don't get that.
How KP has portrayed himself since the sacking matches the perception given off by the ECB and their 'leaks' about his behaviour on the Ashes tour. That's why it's not too huge a leap for me.

Redbacks

International Captain
He has an unwavering self-belief/arrogance coupled with talent that few have that allows him to perform on the big occasions and will be sorely missed in the Ashes by England.

Possibly the make-up of the current team, with a lack of senior established players with the maturity to deal with him, makes him unselectable. In the right environment he would still be an decent pick.

morgieb

Apart from the scoring runs one really - this is just one innings against very poor opposition, where by all accounts he was lucky to have got past 50.

It's not as if he has 4 tons from 5 knocks.
Opposition so poor no-one else scored a fifty?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Guess ECB, Strauss and Cook are now looking forward to 0-2 against NZ, and 0-5 in the Ashes after losing to BD in the WC

A bunch of clowns and mediocre batsmen

morgieb

Guess ECB, Strauss and Cook are now looking forward to 0-2 against NZ, and 0-5 in the Ashes after losing to BD in the WC

A bunch of clowns and mediocre batsmen
If England go 0-7 this summer I'll streak on Oxford Street.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from the scoring runs one really - this is just one innings against very poor opposition, where by all accounts he was lucky to have got past 50.

It's not as if he has 4 tons from 5 knocks.
It amazes me you can't see what's wrong. It's okay if he isn't picked, he probably didn't deserve to be anyway. But he should be in the running as was intimated to him and not shut out because of Strauss.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd fit in there weldone. Morgieb won't be the only spectacle you'll witness.

edit: If that's the type of spectacle you want.

Last edited: