• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, can't agree. You say things can turn around but Pietersen's already been told that if he knuckled down, went back to County Cricket and scored runs he'd at least be back in consideration. Now he's basically been told the equivalent of 'lol, only joking, no hard feelings though' The ECB have acted in bad faith and it's beyond ironic that it's apparently the ECB who can't trust Pietersen.

I also find the language Strauss has used during this quite bizarre, Strauss has been speaking as if he's still captain and potentially sharing a dressing room with Pietersen.
Sorry but this was the stance people were taking last year when KP started acting like a tool. What's to say he wouldn't have had a recall but for everything he did since his dropping? Same applies again. He can open his mouth when it's all done and dusted. Even if his chances are 20%, 10% or 1%, why eliminate it and reduce that percentage?

KP may be winning the PR war with the masses but he's not helping himself.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has Graves said anything (publicly) about his part in this ghastly little chimps' ****-flinging party?

Has he even officially taken over yet, come to that?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
lol, apart from the fact that he'd have no legal basis from which to do so.
lol, except he would. It was told that he had a fair chance as any to make the team. He left a contract. Then he was told he didn't have that chance.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GIMH what do you think re Strauss offering KP an ODI advisory role in the meeting? Isn't Strauss and ECB ****s for doing that?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was a stupid idiot

And you know, it was Strauss. Not Strauss and the ECB. Just like it was Graves who essentially mislead KP, not the ECB. We're in a position where in some cases we can accurately blame people, we don't need to blame the ECB as a catch-all.

Spikey

I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, who was it on here that a month or so ago predicted that KP would make a limited overs comeback just before the T20 world cup, having missed the pointless series against Australia and no certainty to get back into the ODI side anyway?

I think it is definitely more

KP - 1
ECB - 0

He has pulled one over the ECB in a big way.
it's like 92-2 KP's way now except it was last goal wins and the ECB got the last goal but KP kept on racking it up

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH what do you think re Strauss offering KP an ODI advisory role in the meeting? Isn't Strauss and ECB ****s for doing that?
A ridiculous calling of the bluff all over the show. It symbolises everything I hate about this saga, it's an example of politicking rather than a legitimate offer (IMO)

Anyone notice how KP referred to Strauss as 'Strauss' all the way through his telegraph column. Really jars with you, can just sense a level of disdain.

Spikey

I'm going update my OP with a timeline of articles or whatever btw which is why Im reading the first page again

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A ridiculous calling of the bluff all over the show. It symbolises everything I hate about this saga, it's an example of politicking rather than a legitimate offer (IMO)

Anyone notice how KP referred to Strauss as 'Strauss' all the way through his telegraph column. Really jars with you, can just sense a level of disdain.
I loved the line in the latest Andrew Miller article where is says the fans don't want white collar jargon thrown at them after full days of white collar jobs.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Not sure how many countries would turn away one of their best players (in history) who just scored a 355* when they could really use him in the summer.

I guess it's all about the process, not results.

Niall

International Coach
The one thing is that all the writers based out of England have always been on the pro-KP bandwagon (and many of these coming out of the blogs etc.) whereas the hardened journos who travel with the team have always been on the ECB side.

How much of that is knowledge of what it's like being around that team environment, and how much of that is wanting to stay on the right side of the ECB, is the other question.
The likes of Selvey, Agnew, Newman, Pringle, and "The Analyst", are always going to back the ECB no matter what, I wouldn't be taking them to seriously.