• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Spark

Global Moderator
Also, who the **** keeps leaking **** about KP to the media? It's been the constant throughout this entire debacle, **** getting leaked to the media almost ASAP.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Also, who the **** keeps leaking **** about KP to the media? It's been the constant throughout this entire debacle, **** getting leaked to the media almost ASAP.
It seems to have cut across the various regimes, so one must assume it's the press office "briefing" against Pietersen to their favoured journos.

Which is so sub-West Wing it makes me wanna spew.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone in the ECB who has it in for him.

Same thing with the James Taylor **** that gets thrown at Pietersen. If KP's side of the story is accurate, then that was a private conversation between coach and senior player about whether said senior player thought Taylor was good enough.

Absolutely nobody in this whole sorry saga comes out of this with any credit.

Spark

Global Moderator
I remember even back when there were negotiations about KP's ODI/T20 career, that **** was getting leaked too.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I half-want England to be slaughtered 5-0 by the Aussies, regardless of whether Pietersen plays, just to stick it the ECB that their fudgery won't get them anywhere.

The worse part is I cannot realistically see anything changing for the good. Say we get gutted 5-0, the ECB aren't gonna up sticks and say 'Welp, we tried, but it didn't work'. I was happy when I heard Strauss had been appointed, you know, someone who knows the game. Also when Moores was sacked, but I'd have my money on Paul Farbrace becoming full-time coach, which is hardly an improvement, no offence to him. It's going to be a circle of s**t until god knows when.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though I respect Ballance, and endorse his right to have a place in the side ahead of KP, I honestly don't know what kind of a cricket lover would genuinely have the opinion that he is a better batsman than KP.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The whole media situation around this is bizarre. Partly on the ECB side, but also anything where Piers Morgan is involved completely stinks. Somehow you end up wondering what his influence is in what the media is saying and doing is.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The whole media situation around this is bizarre. Partly on the ECB side, but also anything where Piers Morgan is involved completely stinks. Somehow you end up wondering what his influence is in what the media is saying and doing is.
Really? KP has one spokesman against the entire cloistered establishment and he has the "influence".

Shri

Mr. Glass
It is occasionally possible to have someone in a workplace who is just such a nightmare to be around that even though they're excellent at their own individual job they are just making most of their colleagues' lives a complete misery. The only problem is you can't manage someone out of the England cricket team to another company and restore peace for all concerned.

Although clearly in this case the management of the situation has been rubbish. In particular I'm really not sure what Graves was up to.
In my experience ****s like that get promoted.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And:

They have used the word trust to justify not selecting me, well, trust is a two-way thing. I couldn’t believe just half an hour after I had my meeting, the result of it was on the internet and on the BBC airwaves. Now I certainly didn’t tell anybody, so who did? They say they don’t trust me but how can anybody trust them?
Fair point.

Niall

International Coach
Really? KP has one spokesman against the entire cloistered establishment and he has the "influence".
Yeah, Morgan has a loud voice, but the ECB have plenty of journalists who tow the line for them, Agnew of the BBC, Selvey of the Guardian, Pringle and Simon "The analyst" Hughes of the Telegraph, and Paul Newman of the Mail to name just a few, all have fought the ECB battles over the years.

Spark

Global Moderator
The Piers Morgan argument? He's clearly made it worse throughout. And to begin with, in fact.
Sure, but the idea that he's nefariously leading the media as a whole to be pro-KP just strikes me as... unlikely.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sure, but the idea that he's nefariously leading the media as a whole to be pro-KP just strikes me as... unlikely.
Ah right, yeah sure. My stance is merely he was a cause of some division to begin with (KP's mate laying into the whole team's character throughout the ashes, etc) and has continued to be a problem since

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I didn't mean it like that really, just that considering he's a just one 'famous' person ranting he seems to get a lot of air time. I suppose I just can't understand why he seems to keep popping up... there's just something about him that makes me feel queasy every time he appears. I'm naturally inclined to ascribe any kind of ill or dodgy motive available in his direction.

Spark

Global Moderator
Because he has a platform and strong opinions...? Plus he seems KP's most trusted "spokesman" so to speak.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I didn't mean it like that really, just that considering he's a just one 'famous' person ranting he seems to get a lot of air time. I suppose I just can't understand why he seems to keep popping up... there's just something about him that makes me feel queasy every time he appears. I'm naturally inclined to ascribe any kind of ill or dodgy motive available in his direction.
Are you a Tottenham fan, sorry if you are. :ph34r::D