• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Marius

International Debutant
Sometimes there is too much water under the bridge.

India dumped Kambli as he wasn't worth the hassle, ECB view KP the same. Nothing to see here, get over it.
South Africa's managed to handle their abrasive players - guys like Cullinan and Gibbs. Good management is about handling those types of people. This is an indictment of the management of English cricket, not KP.

Shri

Mr. Glass
South Africa's managed to handle their abrasive players - guys like Cullinan and Gibbs. Good management is about handling those types of people. This is an indictment of the management of English cricket, not KP.
Cullinan shut up when he saw biscuits though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
one of the more remarkable things about this thing is that so many people seem to have forgotten that all this started as a result of KP's meltdown in 2012. I'm not saying us here have forgotten about it, but already I've seen some people say "Trust issues? Well you're the one who called him a **** Strauss!". Like, during Ponting's ridiculous "interview" during the BBL, he mentioned the **** thing but not 2012. ECB have truly been slaughtered in the PR war

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exactly

Warne and Gilchrist couldn't stand each other (and need I go over the former's indiscretions)

Didn't stop the team winning

Anyway, time to move on

Hopefully England cop a good flogging this summer from both NZ and Oz (should happen as both are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better sides) as it will make for funny reading

harsh.ag

Okay, just read the whole press conference thing.

So let me get this straight. Strauss and ECB don't trust KP enough to give him a place in the team, but they trust him enough to hire him as an advisor??? Says all that you need to know about how management is selected/done at ECB.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hate to admit Jono was right, but if they'd never bothered bringing KP back in 2012 I don't think anyone would have beef with that.

Granted, we'd have not won in india tho

social

There's no way that's true. Doesn't trust him enough to select him but trusts him enough to be advisor? *****?

Sounds too dumb even for England.
You underestimate them my friend

Strauss played for my club in Sydney - nice guy but not the sharpest knife in the draw springs to mind

Shri

Mr. Glass
That is possibly the most bizarre (and stupid) thing that I have ever heard
Looks like Cook is the one with issues against KP. Strauss tried to satisfy both KP and Cook it looks like from that. Since Cook doesn't play ODIs now.

OverratedSanity

one of the more remarkable things about this thing is that so many people seem to have forgotten that all this started as a result of KP's meltdown in 2012. I'm not saying us here have forgotten about it, but already I've seen some people say "Trust issues? Well you're the one who called him a **** Strauss!". Like, during Ponting's ridiculous "interview" during the BBL, he mentioned the **** thing but not 2012. ECB have truly been slaughtered in the PR war
That's exactly the problem isn't it? When KP was "reintegrated", it sent a message that he was essentially forgiven for anything he did before, and they'd moved on. Sacking him a second time looked unjust because KP didn't (as far as we know) really do anything as despicable as textgate.

harsh.ag

Why is numb geniality a required attribute to hold a high-up place in the British public institution?

flibbertyjibber

Anyway I am fed up of discussing a guy who in his last 16 matches scored a massive 2 centuries and averaged 36. Not like the guy was dropped when he was in the form of his life and the men who now bat at 3, 4 and 5 have scored 10 centuries between them in the 10 tests played since KP was dropped.

King Pietersen

International Captain
He did have niggling knee and achilles injuries for almost all of that time, injuries that until his most recent surgery and rehabilitation were massively impacting his game. He looks back to his best ATM.

OverratedSanity

Anyway I am fed up of discussing a guy who in his last 16 matches scored a massive 2 centuries and averaged 36. Not like the guy was dropped when he was in the form of his life and the men who now bat at 3, 4 and 5 have scored 10 centuries between them in the 10 tests played since KP was dropped.
I kinda feel weird about responding to these posts because they make me out to be a KP fanboy, but come the **** on. How is back to back Ashes comparable to playing India and SL at home in terms of batting statistics?