• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Considering the division KP is playing at and that English middle order is seemingly fine, couldn't they have avoided making a call now or is Strauss' appointment made it necessary to clarify now?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It pretty much is, isn't it? Text-gate was different, but his sacking after the Ashes, was basically because he was a ****. There's no other real reasons being given.
Oh come on, you know what I mean. Hussain is a dick. Swann is a dick. Boycott is a dick. Botham is a dick.

There's being a dick, and then there's being a toxic influence.

None of us know what went on. I hated the KP decision at first. Came to think everything he did over the following twelve months vindicated it. Find myself in murkier water now. But let's not pretend his crime (whether you believe it or not) was merely being a 'dick' as that is just an over-simplification of the issue.

Whole thing is a shambles, no doubt.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ECB has been a shambles since mid-way through the last Ashes

As I have said before, all they needed to do was pick KP for the T20 WC last year and omit him from the team thereafter on the basis of rebuilding blah blah blah

It would've been forgotten about by now if that was the case as no-one would've questioned the need to revamp the side after 5-0 and particularly as KP ignores the early season for the IPL

Instead, they chose to stick the knife in & twist it and then, to cap it all off, offer a way for him to come back before rinse, cycle repeat

They are incompetent, vindictive ****wits and many of them should be out of a job

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh come on, you know what I mean. Hussain is a dick. Swann is a dick. Boycott is a dick. Botham is a dick.

None of us know what went on. I hated the KP decision at first. Came to think everything he did over the following twelve months vindicated it. Find myself in murkier water now. But let's not pretend his crime (whether you believe it or not) was merely being a 'dick' as that is just an over-simplification of the issue.

I get you, but the bolded part there...that's over-simplifying it. Attempting to justify ECB's decision based on what KP did after the decision was made, is entirely silly imo. Did you see anything in KP's behaviour after he was sacked that showed he had been "toxic" for team atmosphere? I sure didn't. All I saw was him being a dick. A dick who felt he didn't deserve to be dropped and reacted in a dickish manner, because, he's a dick.

social

KP isn't even in the same hemisphere as Boycs when it comes to toxicity

BTW, what did KP do over the following 12 months other than make the ECB look like fools?

After all, it was the ECB who violated the NDA not KP and they still couldn't justify their decision

As I said, incompetent ****wits

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I get you, but the bolded part there...that's over-simplifying it. Attempting to justify ECB's decision based on what KP did after the decision was made, is entirely silly imo. Did you see anything in KP's behaviour after he was sacked that showed he had been "toxic" for team atmosphere? I sure didn't. All I saw was him being a dick. A dick who felt he didn't deserve to be dropped and reacted in a dickish manner, because, he's a dick.
Okay, bad wording from me. His behaviour in the following twelve months didn't prove anything either way in terms of the original decision but it made me not want him back.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
100% If he hadn't opened his gob none of this would be happening and KP would be in India playing IPL. As it is the KP PR machine has gone on and on and taken us to this moment.

SHAMBLES
It's not a bad thing that he did speak, regardless of the shambles. KP in the team would make the team stronger batting wise.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't like the 'never ever' attitude. Boycott was back. So was Ganguly. You never know what will happen. From the glory days a few years back, what a stinky mess English cricket has become.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Boycott and Gooch both got back in after taking an England team to apartheid-run South Africa .WAY worse than KP being a bit of a ****, whistling and writing a book slagging a few people off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BTW, what did KP do over the following 12 months other than make the ECB look like fools?
- Clamouring about wanting to play for England while only playing T20
- Feeding information to Piers Morgan for him to fight his battles for him
- His book
- Slating current England players directly on twitter, such as Matt Prior
- Calling for Cook's head

These are just from the top of my head, but it's fair to say they are not the actions of somebody desperate to play for England. IMO

Agree with you on pretty much everything else you've said though

King Pietersen

International Captain
Strauss live on Sky Sports now. Apparently the "trust has eroded" and there's no trust between Kevin and Strauss. Strauss has also said Kevin is "not banned" but is "not in Englands plans this summer". Gutted.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"Not in the short term interests of the team for Kevin to be in it...but he's not banned from the side."

This is what should have been said in the first place. Now, people aren't going to accept it.

harsh.ag

One thing more, I am a little surprised at people who say KP has a PR machine, and that has driven a lot of the debate. The real media, who should have been asking tougher questions, were silenced by the ECB, who have vast resources at hand, and who have consistently leaked information before KP, who broke the non-disclosure agreement before KP, and who, if they weren't incompetent ****s and oblivious of the power of social media, couldn't care less about silencing a free and enterprising press.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
One thing more, I am a little surprised at people who say KP has a PR machine, and that has driven a lot of the debate. The real media, who should have been asking tougher questions, were silenced by the ECB, who have vast resources at hand, and who have consistently leaked information before KP, who broke the non-disclosure agreement before KP, and who, if they weren't incompetent ****s and oblivious of the power of social media, couldn't care less about silencing a free and enterprising press.
The media weren't silenced, that is completely unfounded

social

- Clamouring about wanting to play for England while only playing T20
- Feeding information to Piers Morgan for him to fight his battles for him
- His book
- Slating current England players directly on twitter, such as Matt Prior
- Calling for Cook's head

These are just from the top of my head, but it's fair to say they are not the actions of somebody desperate to play for England. IMO

Agree with you on pretty much everything else you've said though
Yeah but he was subject to character assassination from a 120 million pound organisation with no (apparent) concern for ethics, morality or the law AND until Graves put his nose in, he was no chance of playing for England again

Furthermore, many people with knowledge of the situation came out in his defence

I don't care one way or another for KP the person but in relation to his recent responses to the ECB, I say good on him

Anyway, the really, really stupid thing for me is that virtually the only people happy about the current situation are those who dislike him for non-cricketing reasons and England's opponents - NZ and Oz must be pissing themselves