• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Shri

Mr. Glass
Whats the best first class score by an english batsman in county cricket? He should break that tomorrow and sign off.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A measured response from an England fan on a UK website.

"**** Strauss, **** that malevolent goblin Flower, **** the ECB, **** the cricket media, **** that pious prick Agnew, **** all of them. I’m done."

:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The sheer fact that they appointed Andrew Strauss to that role is a ****ing joke to begin with. Appointing a guy a couple of years into retirement who captained all of the senior players and opened the batting with the current captain? God, how daft can you get. Cook's going to struggle to put a stamp on the team even more now, because it becomes a continuation of the Strauss dynasty. The senior players don't get held to account because they're best buddies/former roommates with the Managing Director (or whatever his title is), and Strauss's well-known opinions of KP are going to kill any reasonable discussion of this issue stone-dead. I feel for the coach who accepts this job, they're basically doomed to fail from the outset.
Yeah, what this 'decision' is telling me is that circumstances be damned, Strauss isn't going to put aside his personal feelings about players. Having a guy who was so close to the senior players and doesn't care about being impartial, in a high-level role that still remains close to the day-to-day running of the team, is seriously ****ing dangerous. Especially when he seems to be so bloody ideological in his decision.

Strauss should have been a Tory MP after all. Would fit right in.
Massive assumptions here. Let's hear what Strauss says todayand let's judge him in the job after more than a day.

fredfertang

Strauss' appointment is just a continuation of the insidious plot by South Africa to take over English cricket

Chubb

International Regular
A measured response from an England fan on a UK website.

"**** Strauss, **** that malevolent goblin Flower, **** the ECB, **** the cricket media, **** that pious prick Agnew, **** all of them. I’m done."

:laugh:
Was that on Full Toss or a newspaper? That site is so depressing - and yet it sums up how a lot of people feel. More often than not their doom and gloom predictions are right as well.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Massive assumptions here. Let's hear what Strauss says todayand let's judge him in the job after more than a day.
If he says anything to the effect that the England side is not going to be picked on merit this summer then he can't possibly be judged as anything other than a failure and a ****

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Do you agree that the perception of bias can be just as bad as actual bias? Particularly in a sport which relies heavily on public support?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do you agree that the perception of bias can be just as bad as actual bias? Particularly in a sport which relies heavily on public support?
The perception of anything is as bad as the reality, so yes.

Last night KP had been told he'd never play for England again

By the time I woke up it had been downgraded to 'not categorical'

So I'm just interested to know what the craic actually is. Once Strauss has spoken (and possibly we have KP's side), let's judge it from there

I kinda feel like if KP had been told it was a no nay never that he'd have tweeted about it already because that's how he rolls

harsh.ag

If I were to be honest, I think he has been told he has a way back in for the Ashes if he and his mates show good behavior in social media, or really all media.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I kinda feel like if KP had been told it was a no nay never that he'd have tweeted about it already because that's how he rolls
This. It's a wait and see. If it's not true, I reckon the Agnew comments might've been some kind of tactical ploy to provoke a KP response in which ECB would be vindicated in any such decision.