• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Consensus with Vaughan, Tuffers, and the Mail bloke was that it's looked odd for the last two/three months with KP, and that this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Goughy wants to know if the texts between England players who aren't KP will be checked for any anti-KP comments
the man's a genius, with these guys in KPs corner, he can't fail can he?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Would appear so, Morgan's still a **** though.

Been re-tweeting pretty odd articles too.

The ECB vs Kevin Pietersen: There are echoes of David Gower's exclusion in 1993 as the ECB make a huge mistake in dropping Kevin Pietersen from the England team for the third test at Lord's - Mike Walters - Mirror Online
Nobody complained about his attitude when he made a match-winning double hundred in Adelaide. Nobody was on his case when he scored another one against India at Lord's when the ball was hooping round corners for Zaheer Khan.
2 things, in neither circumstance was he talking to opposition member's about his team mates and in the second case Khan can't have bowled more than a couple of overs at him before he hobbled off.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Morgan was totally grating and awful as usual. Can't imagine who thought having him on would help KP out.

I'm going to just trust Strauss and Flower on this for now, can't argue with many decisions they've made since they started on their journey after KP's last drama.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Matt Prior is the most selfless of cricketers, as can be seen whenever he bats, and now, off his own back, he decided to ring Pietersen to try to get to the bottom of why his team-mate had barely conversed with the England team for months.
"

Bugger, now I'm going to feel slightly bad if we get Prior out, that was rather decent of him.
Wow. I kind of rushed to negative judgement on Prior after the Lord's window incident. Stuff like this is really making me reconsider.

L Trumper

State Regular
Ha ha.. English cricket ****ing up careers of their own talented players since the days of Sydney Barnes. KP will be the part of long line of mavericks including the likes of Truman, Tyson, Snow, Gower etc. Not a bad list to be honest.

While england will go back to mediocrity, and in 20 years time everyone bitches about stupidity of the board about this decision. Its been happening for more than 100 years. While likes of gatting, Emburey can go **** about in apartheid SA and still play for England.

Top_Cat

Jesus, so touchy. Out of all the times to have a crack at one of us for making an AFL reference, this was a legitimate one.

Dead set what has happened to KP is almost the exact same thing that happened to another sports star (Jason Akermanis) at a club with the exact same result - the management/selectors not taking **** and the player with a huge ego thinking he was above the team and bitching about his fellow players being sacked/dropped.

Its just interesting how no matter what the sport, no matter what the country, what is best for the team environment always comes first. Or almost does at least.
Yeah, I don't personally think Aker and KP's situations are totally analogous. KP's (apparently) an egotist and holds unfavourable opinions about some team-mates whereas Aker is that + playing off team-mates against each other from all reports. The former is managable, the latter is poisonous.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The analogous bit is also KP has had a history of this happening with him at various teams, and so does Aker - Brisbane and Bulldogs.

There's also the part where they are specifically asked by management not to do something in the media, i.e. write an article or release a video, and they do it anyway.

Eds

International Debutant
There's also the part where they are specifically asked by management not to do something in the media, i.e. write an article or release a video, and they do it anyway.
What's your source for this?

re: KP.

Top_Cat

And? Warne was the same and his team beat the piss out of everyone, even though many, including his captains, didn't appreciate his behaviour and the negative press he brought (anyone else remember his tanty when dropped in the WI for MacGill? That amongst many others.....). It's all manageble, though, as proven by the Aussie management of the time. Without being privy to all the machinations, this seems to be so too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's your source for this?

re: KP.
The ECB, meanwhile, will want to find out why Pietersen went ahead with his YouTube video despite being advised otherwise and is unlikely to be impressed with his specific reference to having spoken to Delhi Daredevils, his IPL franchise, ahead of his announcement while seemingly not keeping his major employers in the loop and his presumption that he would play in "Straussy's 100th Test".

England's Pietersen dilemma : Kevin Pietersen clings to Twenty20 hope | Cricket News | England v South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And? Warne was the same and his team beat the piss out of everyone, even though many, including his captains, didn't appreciate his behaviour and the negative press he brought (anyone else remember his tanty when dropped in the WI for MacGill? That amongst many others.....). It's all manageble, though, as proven by the Aussie management of the time. Without being privy to all the machinations, this seems to be so too.
Your point is that they could have handled KP better. The Dogs and Lions could have handled Akermanis better too. Particularly the Dogs.

It doesn't make it not analogous. They are similar problems - a naturally talented, loud-mouthed and egotistical sportsman who does things that the team does not like, that's all I'm saying. The fact that Warne was handled better doesn't affect the analogy at all.

Top_Cat

I didn't say not analogous, I said not totally analogous. Mostly it fits but there are a couple of (key, in my book) differences.

Bit loose with the reading comprehension for someone who does it for a living, aren't we?

EDIT: ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One thing that is analogous about KP and Akermanis is their desire to look like ***** with their hair/beard colours: