Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    You're breaking my heart.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i haven't felt this much heartbreak since around this last time last night
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    Rubbish. If he's been sending texts to the Boers criticizing his teammates then he should never play for England again.
    So if I'm having a drink after work, and send a text to a guy from another company talking about how big a **** the guy in the cubicle next to me is, should I immediately be fired?

Of all the criticisms of Pietersen, I think sending personal texts to friends (as stupid as it is, in his case), isn't the biggest issue.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    So if I'm having a drink after work, and send a text to a guy from another company talking about how big a **** the guy in the cubicle next to me is, should I immediately be fired?

Of all the criticisms of Pietersen, I think sending personal texts to friends (as stupid as it is, in his case), isn't the biggest issue.
    Totally agreed here, especially as it was described as 'friendly banter', so it's hardly like it was anything that was offensive
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Jesus, so touchy. Out of all the times to have a crack at one of us for making an AFL reference, this was a legitimate one.

Dead set what has happened to KP is almost the exact same thing that happened to another sports star (Jason Akermanis) at a club with the exact same result - the management/selectors not taking **** and the player with a huge ego thinking he was above the team and bitching about his fellow players being sacked/dropped.

Its just interesting how no matter what the sport, no matter what the country, what is best for the team environment always comes first. Or almost does at least.

blimey touchy about the touchy, I don't really care, it was a chance to wind you and Benchmark up.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Why does this have to mean his career is over? Use dropping him from this game as a sanction then move the **** on.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post

you're playing it down. I hate analogies, and nobody has released the texts publicly. But lets say it's a whinge saying that Strauss and Flower are right ****s and he's not getting a go, and those ecb toffs are ****ed for not letting him play the whole ipl, that's a hanging offence in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Totally agreed here, especially as it was described as 'friendly banter', so it's hardly like it was anything that was offensive
    wait, he's playing for a country that's always had reservation over his "allegiance", and he goes ahead sending texts to players from a country that he "deserted"? A week before a crucial Test against that same country? And the texts are mocking towards his current captain? That is borderline seditious, as exaggerated as it might seem

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    It's not really sending texts to friends either is it, the saffies clearly don't like him, or else they wouldn't have passed the info on.

Apparently he suggested that Steyn could get Strauss easily, and he called Flower a "schoolmaster" and "Mr. Rules" but otherwise didn't mention him.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Can't help but think that England have cut off their nose to spite their face here. Sure, he's done something pretty dumb with the texts - he's not the first bloke (nor champion cricketer, for that matter).

However, it's not unfair for him to have thought they wouldn't find the media as they have - doesn't exactly paint whoever has leaked it in the greatest light either.

Going in to their most important Test for a few years though England have significantly - very significantly - weakened themselved in order for captain/coach to prove a point. I don't think it reflects on either of them all that well that things got to this point to be honest - they've clearly not managed the situation all that well. If they were terrific man managers, this would have been sorted a good few months ago.

Really don't think anyone has won here after all - but England are so much weaker for leaving him out. Think they've taken things a touch too far.

PS: No slight on Jonny Bairstow either who looks a terrific talent. But he's no KP yet.
    Last edited by Andre; 13-08-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Apparently he suggested that Steyn could get Strauss easily, and he called Flower a "schoolmaster" and "Mr. Rules" but otherwise didn't mention him.

truth hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    not so bad if true. linky?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Can't help but think that England have cut off their nose to spite their face here. Sure, he's done something pretty dumb with the texts - he's not the first bloke (nor champion cricketer, for that matter).

However, it's not unfair for him to have thought they wouldn't find the media as they have - doesn't exactly paint whoever has leaked it in the greatest light either.

Going in to their most important Test for a few years though England have significantly - very significantly - weakened themselved in order for captain/coach to prove a point. I don't think it reflects on either of them all that well that things got to this point to be honest - they've clearly not managed the situation all that well. If they were terrific man managers, this would have been sorted a good few months ago.

Really don't think anyone has won here after all - but England are so much weaker for leaving him out. Think they've taken things a touch too far.

PS: No slight on Jonny Bairstow either who looks a terrific talent. But he's no KP yet.
    Tbf even the best man managers in the world would struggle with someone who changed his mind every five minutes and repeatedly broke the rules.

Having watched Pietersen's youtube video again this morning, it really strikes me that this is a guy who's realised he's made a massive balls up, and was desperately making a last-ditch attempt to save his hide. It's just embarrassing really.

In any case, debating whether or not texting is crime is to miss the point imo. The way he's behaved has surely created divisions in the team, and probably quite a bit of resentment towards him. The last thing you want going into a crucial test is a terrible atmosphere amongst the team, even if it does come at the expense of leaving out your best player.

Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread Information