• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's the worst way to be dismissed?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Was thinking more when you somehow manage to help it on it's way to the keeper despite throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I managed to get stumped off a wide, against a seam bowler, in the first over of the innings.

I never opened again.

BeeGee

International Captain
I seem to have inadvertently resurrected this thread. Oh well, when in Rome...

Run out without facing a ball. Off the first ball of the game. Other guy's fault.
Yes! No! ****. Sorry.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I remember in 1974 at Edgbaston the late Indian batsman Ashok Mankad battled it out for nearly two hours for 40 odd on a greenish pitch where most of the Indian batsman struggled - then his cap fell off and dislodged a bail.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Mankad for a diamond first over of a match. I was livid and complaining at the ump that he didn't know the law didn't help. Apparently the guy tried it at least once per match but my team mates didn't tell me. I was pissed because playing in Oz growing up you give a guy a verbal warning 1st for backing up to far.

The bowler in question was a Packistani ex- pat ftr.

thierry henry

International Coach
In terms of relatively common dismissals and not crazy ****, it just doesn't feel right imo when you get out from an inside or bottom edge. Got out caught behind off a bottom edge cutting, and also bowled chopped on this season, both against the same quick bowler. Somehow it just doesn't feel out- you expect the ball to go down to fine leg for 4/fall short of the 'keeper, and you don't feel "beaten" like you do on the outside edge.

adrianharvey

Cricket Spectator
I think Mohammad Hafeez will have one to add to the list having just been given out Obstructing the Field in the one dayer against South Africa!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Been out plenty of ways that are stupid and frustrating - Diamond ducks and getting out to nuffy bowling. But I always hated going for a forward defensive shot against a pace bowler, get my front foot nice and forward only to see the ball seam away from me and take away my off stump.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
See this one occasionally from spinners, especially guys who put alot of overspin on the ball. Batsman deadbats and the ball spins back to bowl them. Harbhajan, if memory serves me, got a few wickets like this

Must be pretty devastating to be dismissed like that.

Satyanash89

Banned
For me it's either being caught down the leg side by the wicketkeeper or hitting a full toss straight to a fielder. Made doubly worse if the bowlers a douche and actually celebrates.
You didn't ****ing deserve the wicket you ****ing ****

BeeGee

International Captain
Anytime you're given out when you weren't actually out. LBW when you hit it. Caught behind when you didn't hit it.

Worst for me was when the fielder claimed a catch when the ball had obviously bounced and he knew it. ****, I was angry. :@

Last edited: