• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I am frankly stunned by how many times Van Wyk has played the sweep so far without totally ****ing it up like everyone else does

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Anyone care to explain what great change has come over KvW in the last hour? I went out just after Taylor got out and expected to come back to Jeets teeing off while the tail collapsed around him.

Stapel

International Regular
Apart from Van Wijk having his day, it's also nice to see that Bracewell holds up his end properly. Just the solitude boundary of 50 deliveries. Quite sensible!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This has been fun to watch. I've been impressed by van Wyk's composure after Taylor got out. Kind of assumed they would collapse again.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well that's a damn good partnership. Last thing I expected this match was our tail to wag. Also didn't do our traditional 'lose wickets just before stumps trick' - even better!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well that's a damn good partnership. Last thing I expected this match was our tail to wag. Also didn't do our traditional 'lose wickets just before stumps trick' - even better!
Well, we didn't exactly get to the proper end of the day.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Van Wyk may bat like a hack, but he's a hack who can score runs.
I just plain don't like the guy. Him scoring runs ruins my appreciation of others who could do the job.

Isn't it sad though, as NZ fans that we have got very, very excited about one day of Test cricket? Or is it more reward that these rare days mean even more to us?

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Pretty happy with that day of cricket really. Certainly haven't managed to put ourselves in a near-un-winnable position on day one.

Still a bit frustrating that some of our dismissals were self inflicted but that's par for the course with a more aggressive attitude I guess.

Meridio

International Regular
I just plain don't like the guy. Him scoring runs ruins my appreciation of others who could do the job.

Isn't it sad though, as NZ fans that we have got very, very excited about one day of Test cricket? Or is it more reward that these rare days mean even more to us?
The thing is, it hasn't been that great a day for us. Been good, yes, but if this partnership hadn't got going we'd probably be all cursing again.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On your way to a pretty good total tbh. Would say it's just below par now but with 4 wickets in hand surely you can get to at least 360-380, if not more.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain

Suck it up, mate. He played well today.

I'd be happy with 350-375 tbh. Bracewell is looking pretty comfortable atm which is good.

Last edited: