• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSW...can they compete at international leveL?

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Every player in the current England side has played for England in the past or presently - so that indicates a strong side!
Right, name me an English County side which has seven players from the England Test Team versing Sri Lanka :D

PY

International Coach
ver-SING....is that the Aussie version of Ker-CHING? ;)

Think Marc meant that you were saying that NSW have 7 internationals and if they played England, England would have 11 internationals.

It was a poor attempt at humour but let him off....he's used his humour allowance up for the week. :P

deeps

International 12th Man
Samuel_Vimes said:
current Indians, I think he meant, LE.
damn right i did

rik, if their in the australian team,they are extremely good,and not over-rated... Bsdies,whenever they come to england,they make zillions of runs...

Have a look at the highest run scorer lists in county cricket over the last few yers..you'll find names such as

Greg Blewett
Stuart Law
and various others who can't even make the australian team!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
Have a look at the highest run scorer lists in county cricket over the last few yers..you'll find names such as

Greg Blewett
Stuart Law
and various others who can't even make the australian team!
Yeah great.

County Cricket is full of absolute dire bowlers, so people make runs in it. Big deal.

Also, I hardly think Blewett is a great example if this is supposed to back you point up:

655 @ 31.19
1292 @ 47.85
377 @ 31.41

I could name a hell of a lot of Englishmen who are nowhere near the Test side that have scored that many in 1 or 2 seasons alone!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
top averages for the last season (more than a few runs)

Law
Hussey
Ramps*
Flintoff*
Hooper
Hodge
Butcher*
Katich
Love
Goodwin
Rhodes
Jaques

3/12 english

6/12 Australian

2/12 NSW - dont think any other NSW batsmen were over there

Craig

World Traveller
deeps said:
But they will EASILY beat the following (9 out of 10 times)

Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, England, India (in australia), West Indies (If lara doesn't play a super innings), New Zealand
You talking about NSW or Australia?

deeps said:
Haddin matches up to MOST oppositoni wicket keepers...he'ss a better w/k batsman than wat england,zimbabwe,bangladesh,india all have
Ok Taibu is pretty good and after the WC he was rated the 3rd best 'keeper in the world and isu p there in the world.

Lee is over-rated.

He may have all the basics, but he is simply not accurate, he gets too impatient too early.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
deeps said:
ok then...find me some indian players that have played more tests than FC games
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar - 108 Tests, 92 FC matches.
Zaheer Khan - 27 Tests, 26 FC matches.
Also, Harbhajan Singh is pretty close - 36 Tests, 50 FC matches.
Sourav Ganguly - 69 Tests, 101 FC matches - on a par with Mark Waugh.
Anil Kumble - 69 Tests, 100 FC matches - on a par with Mark Waugh.
of course, Javagal Srinath who just retired had 67 Tests and 80 FC matches.

Think that's all :)

Compared to your five (I'm excusing Bevan for your benefit):

Slater - 74 Tests, 142 FC matches
M Waugh - 128 Tests, 233 FC
S Waugh - 164 Tests, 183 FC
Lee - 35 Tests, 28 FC
McGrath - 95 Tests, 60 FC

NSW's best five totall: 496 Tests, 646 FC matches. Percentage of Tests: 43.43 %.
India's best five (without Srinath): 309 Tests, 369 FC matches. Percentage of Tests: 45.57 %.

However, if you include the rest of the team, it becomes even more skewed towards India (which I won't cos I don't have that much time on my hands).

Also, India's players have had to play against Australian attacks in Tests - Australia haven't. And don't say that they played in FC matches, because they were busy playing Tests.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:

Lee is over-rated.

He may have all the basics, but he is simply not accurate, he gets too impatient too early.
I think he is accurate I have seen him bowl very accuratly when he has been asked to.
He is impatient though and does not understand how to bowl at test level.

That and he skids onto the bat so even his good length balls are quite driveable.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
rik, if their in the australian team,they are extremely good,and not over-rated... Bsdies,whenever they come to england,they make zillions of runs...
Yes, as I just said before. It's because they are Australian. And you've just said the same. Why are you trying to argue about something you've just confirmed?