• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSW...can they compete at international leveL?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Looking at the stats, considering the pitches they have to bowl on and the batsmen they have to face, I think the Indian bowlers are better than their average of 30.
Couldn't agree more, the number of averages in the high 50's and beyond in India is far more than in Australia (and most of the Australians are due to years of taking runs off pathetic English County Attacks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
Haddin matches up to MOST oppositoni wicket keepers...he'ss a better w/k batsman than wat england,zimbabwe,bangladesh,india all have
As proven by an average of 3 dismissals per game despite getting a lot more chances than anyone else because he's got the mighty NSW attack to keep to!

deeps said:
Haddin matches up to MOST oppositoni wicket keepers...he'ss a better w/k batsman than wat england,zimbabwe,bangladesh,india all have
And that's only because Stewart and Flower have retired.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Rik said:
Oh yes, of course, when you look at the stats and realise that the Indians average 2 runs more than NSW and are only about 1 1/2 runs down on the bowling. Comfortable is not the word I'd use. Maybe or Occasionally is a better word.
I said that NSW COULD comfortably win. That wasn't meant to suggest that NSW will win comfortably all the time.

Though while the NSW & Indian batting statisticaly is close, as far as the bowling is concerned you must admit NSW defiently have a clear advantage over India.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
M.Slater
M.Waugh
S.Katich
S.Waugh
M.Clarke
M.Bevan
B.Haddin
B.Lee
N.Bracken
S.Macgill
G.Mcgrath

Every player in this NSW side has played for Australia in the past or presently (Tests, ODI's or both). This NSW side consists of seven contracted players (Cricket Australia contracts) these are S.Waugh, M.Clarke, M.Bevan, B.Lee, N.Bracken, S.MacGill, G.McGrath.

This indicates a strong side.

deeps

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Slater - 74 Tests, 142 FC matches
M Waugh - 128 Tests, 233 FC
S Waugh - 164 Tests, 183 FC
Lee - 35 Tests, 28 FC
McGrath - 95 Tests, 60 FC
Bevan - 18 Tests, 193 FC

Yes, I can see your point, only 2 have played more Tests than FC, and the majority aren't even close!
ok then...find me some indian players that have played more tests than FC games

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
ok then...find me some indian players that have played more tests than FC games
Sardesai
Engineer
Wadekar
Borde
Nawab of Pataudi Jr
Hanumant Singh
Subramanya
Surti
Prasanna
Chandrasekhar
Bedi

(off the top of my head)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ford_GTHO351 said:
M.Slater
M.Waugh
S.Katich
S.Waugh
M.Clarke
M.Bevan
B.Haddin
B.Lee
N.Bracken
S.Macgill
G.Mcgrath

Every player in this NSW side has played for Australia in the past or presently (Tests, ODI's or both). This NSW side consists of seven contracted players (Cricket Australia contracts) these are S.Waugh, M.Clarke, M.Bevan, B.Lee, N.Bracken, S.MacGill, G.McGrath.

This indicates a strong side.

Every player in the current England side has played for England in the past or presently - so that indicates a strong side!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Sardesai
Engineer
Wadekar
Borde
Nawab of Pataudi Jr
Hanumant Singh
Subramanya
Surti
Prasanna
Chandrasekhar
Bedi

(off the top of my head)
current Indians, I think he meant, LE.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
i'm sure he was just having a dig at queenslanders, and playin around a lil bit(aka a joke)....don't take everything so seriously
And this coming from the guy who almost liberally calls people fags. A right pair you 2 are becoming.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
well, the Australian team is absolutely blitzing most countries in the world...they are LEagues ahead of the rest... Obviously the NSW team won't beat the Aus team...

But they will EASILY beat the following (9 out of 10 times)

Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, England, India (in australia), West Indies (If lara doesn't play a super innings), New Zealand

I won't include pakistan,bcoz they are way too unpredictable...On their day,they can beat ne1 easily

South Africa and India (in india) are really the only teams that i believe that would beat the NSW team more often than not...

Boucher and Ridly Jacobs are the only two real w/k's that are better batsman than haddin... oh,and maybe moin khan

Slater,although he's useless now, in his heyday,would've made alot of international sides

Macgill is a world class spinner,and is severely under-rated bcoz he's been living under warne's shadow

Bracken is still young and developing,but has taken huge stridse in the last year...especially in india...He's playing his first test out there now!

Mohammed Sami is another bowler off the pace of bond,akthar and lee

Lee is not over-rated...He is a good bowler,who's avg is inflated becoz he's been bowling with injuries,and other various reasons...He has really matured as a bowler in the last 2 years or so...

Lee,Mcgrath,Macgill and Bracken...that matches and beats almost any attack in the world...

Swaugh,Mwaugh,Katich,MClarke,MBevan,BHaddin are all very very good batsman and are a very strong batting order...ONly india,and south africa have a better batting order..
The arrogant never learn...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
No, you have to read between the lines. Australia is different to England. :P
Yes it's on the other side of the world, all it's players would end up in any international team in the world whatever their ability, simply because they are Australian, players who don't perform arn't over-rated, because they are Australian and any Australian state could beat any International team whatever the sport, you guessed it, because they are Australian. :yawn:

This thread should never have been started because the people who actually have thought about it realise that no NSW couldn't consistantly compete with any of the International sides, other than the stupidly weakened Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
furious_ged said:
LE, your unanswerable powers of shutting someone down are enormous. :lol:
Ta muchly.

It's nothing personal.

<quack> That's not what you just....

(sound of duck being strangled)