• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ind-Aus test series

Outcome of the ind-aus test series

• Ind 4-0

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ind 3-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ind 3-1

• Ind 2-0

• Ind 2-1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ind 1-0

• Draw 2-2

• Draw 1-1

• Draw 0-0

• Aus 1-0

• Aus 2-1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Aus 2-0

• Aus 3-1

• Aus 3-0

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Aus 4-0

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters

amits

Banned
deeps, aus 302/7. only katich and gillespie r batting. aus will be all out for less than 350.

and look deeps, even if tendulkar and dravid r out cheaply, we still have sehwag and laxman. these 2 alone can destroy aus.

amits

Banned
aus 313/8. even katich out :lol: they wont get 330 even. i had said that only rain can save aus and this prediction is coming true.

deeps, if more guys think like u, then aus will soon indian origin players in their team.

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
iamdavid, aus r 275/5. india have come right back into the match taking 3 quick wickets.

now what u have to say :lol:
Anything you an do we an do better , we can do anything better than you! :P :P
(including taking advantage of very green , seamer friendly conditions)

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
deeps, if more guys think like u, then aus will soon indian origin players in their team.
You have been clearly warned to leave this issue alone , you would be best served to abide by that warning.

Exactly right, David. Amits, all this is doing is ensuring India won't get the complete arse-raping that was forecast. Australia were set up so well by the top order that the collapse that ensued did nothing to alter the fact that Australia have made a good score.

I don't know how you're tracking the game, Amits, but batting conditions there were hell before the rain. Don't start throwing stones before your side has even batted.

amits

Banned
furious_ged said:
Exactly right, David. Amits, all this is doing is ensuring India won't get the complete arse-raping that was forecast. Australia were set up so well by the top order that the collapse that ensued did nothing to alter the fact that Australia have made a good score.

I don't know how you're tracking the game, Amits, but batting conditions there were hell before the rain. Don't start throwing stones before your side has even batted.
u call a score slightly above 300 a good score :O

teams, who have hit slightly above 300 in their 1st innings have lost badly.

aus hit 391 in the chennai test in 2001, lost
aus hit 445 in the kolkata test in 2001, lost
sa hit 400+ v eng this year in some test, lost
bd hit 361 v pak this year, lost
zim hit 422 v ind in 2000, lost
wi hit 391 v sl in 2001, lost

iamdavid, what type of a world u live in.

scores over 300 in the 1st innings of a test match mean NOTHING. u have to hit atleast 400 to take the advantage. :lol:

Of course, Amits. All pitches are the same, and all conditions are the same, and India don't suck overseas. Of course.

Try to keep it to the official thread, please.

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
u call a score slightly above 300 a good score :O

aus hit 391 in the chennai test in 2001, lost
aus hit 445 in the kolkata test in 2001, lost
sa hit 400+ v eng this year in some test, lost
bd hit 361 v pak this year, lost
zim hit 422 v ind in 2000, lost
wi hit 391 v sl in 2001, lost

iamdavid, what type of a world u live in.

scores over 300 in the 1st innings of a test match mean NOTHING. u have to hit atleast 400 to take the advantage. :lol:
All those scores were made in near perfect batting conditions , these are very difficult conditions , you are clearly just checking the scorecard rather than actually watching the game.

This is a greentop , the overcast conditions are very helpful to seam & swing bowling , I'd call 220 a par score on this surface , 323 is very competitive , Australia definately on top ATM.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
And have also won handsomely - take a look at the other Test going on at the moment...

SL "only" made 331 in their first innings...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
furious_ged said:
Too conservative and... English :lol: :lol:. I said 'Australianism', didn't I?

Am I turning into the David Hookes of this forum?
Only if you say it'll be over in a day

deeps

International 12th Man
amits doesn't understand the greentop conditions,coz they never happen in india...pitches r doctored to suit the batsman...exactly why india will never become a good bowling team until they stop this practice...and one of the main reason's i despise the indian cricket board

deeps said:
amits doesn't understand the greentop conditions,coz they never happen in india...pitches r doctored to suit the batsman...exactly why india will never become a good bowling team until they stop this practice...and one of the main reason's i despise the indian cricket board
*Ding*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
deeps said:
pitches r doctored to suit the batsman...exactly why india will never become a good bowling team until they stop this practice...and one of the main reason's i despise the indian cricket board
You have to keep in mind that the Indian conditions don't dictate that this be very much possible to make bowler friendly pitches.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
amits said:
aus 313/8. even katich out :lol: they wont get 330 even. i had said that only rain can save aus and this prediction is coming true.

Davenell Whatmore... (not Indian I know, but close..)

And note the amount of diversity in the England side - and then leave the issue.

And it's a greentop, and you should have bowled like this yesterday, and I have a horrible feeling India will get totally ripped apart.

Last edited: