• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand doom and gloom thread

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Getting in my comment before we win against South Africa at home and this thread is locked until the next inevitable failure.

cnerd123

likes this
In his last two Tests Kyle Jamieson has bowled 58.5 overs for 2 wickets at an average of 70.5. His bowling average has climbed by 2 runs, from 15 to 17.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
galaxy brain selection dropping the guy who took all ten an innings in the previous test

wtf
He has picked up 0 wickets in NZ in 3 tests, it's a practical selection choice. If he can improve a little with the bat, they can fit him in the squad somehow but a frontline spinner in those conditions makes no sense.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
In his last two Tests Kyle Jamieson has bowled 58.5 overs for 2 wickets at an average of 70.5. His bowling average has climbed by 2 runs, from 15 to 17.
Axar Patel to Jamieson: "Don’t go outside your house to see flowers. My friend, don’t bother with that excursion. OH WAIT"
Looking at the numbers I thought he was bowling in Bangla :p .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajaz being left out was a perfectly fine selection tbh

If India were to play their next Test on a slow-low turner they'd probably leave out Thakur

Aus would have dropped Boland if Haze was fit (and probably should have dropped him for Richardson regardless)

sunilz

International Regular

If India were to play their next Test on a slow-low turner they'd probably leave out Thakur

Aus would have dropped Boland if Haze was fit (and probably should have dropped him for Richardson regardless)
Would IND or AUS drop Thakur/Boland if they were their no.1 pace bowler ?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

It is genuinely questionable I think given what is known about the Bay Oval surface. It’s the driest most spin friendly surface in NZ (qt least for internationals, and Mitchell Santner played significant roles in NZ’s last 2 wins there. I don’t actually know if Ajaz would’ve made a significant impact. Quite likely, he plays and the game ends largely the same. But it’s I think a tad more of a debate than the “It’s in NZ, play 4 quicks” selectors line of thinking imo.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey if it was a spinning pitch then maybe you guys are right, I assumed it was a seaming/pace-friendly deck without assistance to the spinners judging by NZ's team selection lol