• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand doom and gloom thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
lol, fantastic Mark Watson rant at David White calling for his resignation over the poor preparation for the test.

McMillan would certainly be familiar with the need to get eye-check ups. He switched to contacts for batting around 2000. Rutherford got laser eye surgery last season too.
There ya go, good intel. You'll need more than eye surgery if you continue to listen to Watson though...although whilst his rants are generally ridiculous, at least that has some basis. We should never have played at Blacktown at the very least and that falls on NZC to a point.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I know this is a doom and gloom thread but...

From my experience, just working with Tim Southee and working through some variations in the nets up against Kane Williamson, his ability to see what was going on in the hand was staggering. Even I [watching, as the coach] couldn't see the seam, but Williamson could see the different finger positions and what Tim was trying to do. He could see whether the ball was wobbling, he could tell which way [Southee] was trying to swing it. Maybe that is a mark of a genius. I was staggered by his ability to pick that up so early. Maybe that's what separates the great players from the not-so-great.

Shane Bond: 'You try to construct an over before you think of how to get a batsman out' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What was that posted here for? Rest of worlds doom and gloom about how good big daddy kane is?
This seems to be the general Blackcaps discussion thread in some respects, given how doom and gloomy NZ posters usually are.

I say we revive the un-official/official general Black Caps discussion thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
this is such a talkback statement to make but hear me out. I reckon ross the boss could do worse than getting an eye check up. i haven't seen his batting today but in the first innings and for the past couple of years it looks like he hasn't really been picking the line and length up as early as he did in his 20s. he shouldn't be having this issue for so long this early in his career.

his technique was always tidy without being excellent because he had moments of laziness with his strokes (attack and defence) but got away with it because his eye was ridiculous.
fantastic post in hindsight.