• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand doom and gloom thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shame politeness and civility must have to be lost as you get older. Mind you, at least passive-aggressive behaviour is ignored in favour of plain old aggressive. Lovely stuff.

I'd hope you'd be able to tell, else that'd be one hell of a split personality...
Ha. No, I cannot. I'm not a psychiatrist so I will just leave my conclusions about him as what I have already stated, and that includes his utter mess of misapplying economic theories and logic.

Whether he is left wing or right wing with his preferences of economy theories is of no interest to me. I could not care less if he is Keynesian or "Chicago School-Freidman". I doubt he would be a good advocate for either.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of the old fella, he continues to settle in well at his new home.

Blocky said:
Go watch Spongebob, Barney and Sesame Street... you're still obviously at the mental age where you need to learn a few life lessons from shows such as that.
Though for some reason he didn't think it necessary to comment on Taylor's hundred...probably just overwhelmed by his admiration for Rossco's work ethic.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Play more ODIs to get more money with which to subsidise the Test players, is the gist of the point.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of the old fella, he continues to settle in well at his new home.

Though for some reason he didn't think it necessary to comment on Taylor's hundred...probably just overwhelmed by his admiration for Rossco's work ethic.
From now on I want to kept abreast on Blocky's deeds at all times :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Blocky CaptainGrumpy has a point even tho he has argued it very poorly and over-stated its importance.

ODIs and T20s do pay the bills for Test Cricket. That applies everywhere.

However, people will watch Test cricket if their team does well. I have seen this first hand with all my fairweather Indian cricket fan friends. Couldn't give a **** about cricket till we won the T20 WC and suddenly became really good at ODIs. We then climbed to number one in Tests and won a World Cup and it was all they could talk about. Then 8-0 happened, and by 2013 no one really gave a **** about Indian cricket anymore outside of the IPL.

It was sad to see, but that's basically how Joe Public rolls. They aren't cricket fans, they are patriots who view Cricket as a means to feel good about their country.

Which is why now, with this wonderful side developing, NZ should be playing as many Tests as they possibly can. They will win a lot, Joe Public will tune in on TV, show up to the grounds, and open their wallets to be a part of this feel-good experience, and in the process NZ will also uncover a bunch of new Test Cricket diehard fans. Sponsors will sign up, money will flow in, and Tests will be in vogue.

Eventually, a time will come when the NZ side slips back down the rankings. Joe Public won't care anymore, but atleast he will remember a time when his side was one of the best in the world, and the new die-hards will still be around, posting in this doom and gloom thread till the next wave of awesome players.

Playing more ODIs and T20s now is such a waste of the great talent they have. They really should be cashing in on the brilliance of the Test side.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, that's it. Trent Boult has stress fracture of the back and he will be out for six months. We will attempt to bring him back for the Australian series but he'll break down halfway through and will never be the same again after repeated attempted comebacks. Southee meanwhile will revert back to his 40+ average without his partner in crime at the other end. New Zealand will slip back down to 7th by the end of 2016.