• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand doom and gloom thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Age. He will be 40 next world cup. The reality is that his next international form slump will most likely be his last.
Yeah I see his place in the team now is one of that of perhaps mentorship in some way, or more accurately that of an old hand who can steer the ship and influence younger guys like Santner and Anderson who are obviously going to play a role with the bat in the later overs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, up to his old tricks I see:

Blocky said:
The problem is that quite a few people have said Ross is a lazy trainer and it's followed him around since his very early years in the side. There was a huge song and dance made about his training after he came back into the side following his removal as captain and how he'd never trained harder, and he scored a shed of runs.

Since then, his catching has been poor, his run scoring worse so naturally that old dispersion is coming back.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Did you guys see Neesh's AMA on Reddit? Pretty sure he had a direct crack at Blocky in one of his answers, was glorious.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Yeah sorry, was on the iPad, here we go.

And the bit I mentioned before...

UnleashTheQuiche said:
I don't mind what people say about my ability as a cricketer, or the abilities of any of my mates in the team. People will have their opinions. Some will think I'm **** and some will think I'm good. That's fine.
What gets really irritating is when people start casting aspersions on us as people. For example I've read a bit recently that Ross was in a form slump because he doesn't really care about the team anymore and doesn't train as hard as he did when he was scoring loads of runs. That sort of stuff is just utter bull**** and I do sometimes really get the desire to call people out on it, but I know that's a bad idea.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh man this is brilliant:

What's going through your head while you're batting?
UnleashTheQuiche said:
Ok get through the first couple of balls. Jeez that was quick. Ok knuckle down here. Oooh that girl's quite pretty-Oi stop it, concentrate. Watch the ball. **** that came off the bat quite nicely. I wonder how long it is til lunch? These pants are a bit tight, maybe I should get some new ones. Watch the ball. NO KANE NO. Come on mate there's no run there, jeez. Oooh it's lunch, I wonder if there's cheesecake?
"NO KANE NO" the highlight of a brilliant post.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I reckon Blocky would go with his rumours from around the grade cricket sheds over someone who plays in the same team as Ross.

I hear he has more FC wickets than Mark Craig.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marto AMA was quality too. Loved these bits:

What is your recollection of the Anderson-Clarke pad striking incident? Anderson claims that you urged him to do it
once again I will say I didnt but what do you do when he brings out a book total crap but shows who he is really even by the latest debacle in brisbane. a frontrunner
Ouch.

How good was Warne in the nets? Did he ever bowl you a ball that made you think "Well, ****. I guess this game isn't for me"?
no never he couldnt get his own team mates out
haha

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
[–]Jimmy NeeshamUnleashTheQuiche 38 points 1 day ago
The IPL is absolutely fantastic. I was really really gutted when I realised I wouldn't be able to come and experience India again this year. It's such an amazing experience to be able to travel around and talk to that quality of player on a day to day basis. I owe absolutely 100% of the success I had on the tour to West Indies last year (immediately following the IPL) to KP and Gary Kirsten sharing their knowledge on playing spin with me. It's an experience I am desperate to have again.[-]

---------

I asked that question on here last year about IPL impact on his ability to play spin well in the windies tour. Didn't get much support here by the posters on that theory, and he then subsequently flopped v spin in UAE anyway. But interesting to see that he thought it had a positive effect (even if not permanent-ish, yet).

Last edited: