Cricket Player Manager
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New Zealand doom and gloom thread

Todd Astle looked well organised at the crease in Columbo. Seems a natural for opening.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    ...well: at quarter to seven this morning Tony Veitch told us that he was going to reveal what the "new information" was that New Zealand Cricket was investigating and that it didn't look good for Mike Hesson. After seven: Veitch said that he could no longer reveal that information for legal reasons.

Hmmmmmm: any speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
    ...well: at quarter to seven this morning Tony Veitch told us that he was going to reveal what the "new information" was that New Zealand Cricket was investigating and that it didn't look good for Mike Hesson. After seven: Veitch said that he could no longer reveal that information for legal reasons.

Hmmmmmm: any speculation?
    He has a chipmunk fetish and he wets the bed?

I don't care what it is, just please, please, please let it be bad enough to get Hesson fired.

I know it won't happen, but **** I want that prick gone so bad.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 16-01-2013 at 12:56 PM.

He has had "relations" with the McCullum clan? Na but seriously, I heard a bit of this in the car and TV normally has pretty good sources.

I wouldnt mind seeing Siddons coach the Blackcaps tbh, the way Tamin Iqbal has talked of him is pretty hard to ignore, saying he is easily the best coach he has ever had and came to NZ for some batting coaching..

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    ...came to NZ for some batting coaching..
    That was his first mistake.

NZ is world famous for the quality of it's batting coaches, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
    ...well: at quarter to seven this morning Tony Veitch told us that he was going to reveal what the "new information" was that New Zealand Cricket was investigating
    lol,

I don't think there is any new information. Why would they tell the press about it if they don't want to say what it is?

It's just something to make them seem like they're doing a job.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer banquetbear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    lol,

I don't think there is any new information. Why would they tell the press about it if they don't want to say what it is?

It's just something to make them seem like they're doing a job.
    ...it was obviously leaked: it didn't come from NZ Cricket itself. Veitch claimed it didn't make Hesson look good: obviously someone told NZ Cricket who got the lawyers involved.

This is in regards to comments made by Moller in the press conference last year.

Since then, the board has been presented with additional material related to the captaincy saga.
    “This additional material is about clarifying and being clear of the process of what occurred,” says Moller.

Moller wouldn't reveal more about the material, but it could be key in answering Taylor's claim someone is "definitely" lying over issues relating to his axing from the captaincy.
    Read more: Chris Moller: New Zealand Cricket 'looking into' Ross Taylor's comments - Story - 3 Sport - 3 News

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Looking forward to "we have concluded that the players and management have been through enough difficulties in recent times so it is best that we build some stability in the ranks blah blah mchesson will stay" any time now.
    Exit pursuing a beer

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    To be honest, while I don't like Hesson for the central part he played in the Taylor debacle, I really don't think that another coach and captaincy change is what this team needs right now. I'd be prepared to give Hesson a chance to mend fences with Taylor, and hopefully put this whole shambolic episode in the past.

At the very least I don't think a change should be considered until after the Champion's Trophy later this year. If by that stage results still haven't picked up, then it's fair enough to start casting about for someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    To be honest, while I don't like Hesson for the central part he played in the Taylor debacle, I really don't think that another coach and captaincy change is what this team needs right now. I'd be prepared to give Hesson a chance to mend fences with Taylor, and hopefully put this whole shambolic episode in the past.

At the very least I don't think a change should be considered until after the Champion's Trophy later this year. If by that stage results still haven't picked up, then it's fair enough to start casting about for someone else.
    +1.

As much as Taylor may have been alienated by the debacle, there are other players who are just starting a relationship with the coach and it wouldn't be good for them to have to start that process all over again.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post

Yeah agree with this actually. The fact he doesn't want to screw about with Watling's role anymore put a few points in his favour with me.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Hesson wants McCullum to go down the order. He stripped Taylor of the captaincy and gave it to his mate.

What more is there to say. Good riddance.

Good things he has done:

Giving wagner a run in the second test was probably the right move even though it didn't work and even though he didn't perform in the warm up game. It was the right move as Wagner has done so well in domestic cricket that he deserved a couple of chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Hesson also deserves credit for not moving Watling (yet). Would be so easy to do on spur of the moment.

Surely the McCullum -> middle order won't happen though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Hesson wants McCullum to go down the order. He stripped Taylor of the captaincy and gave it to his mate.

What more is there to say. Good riddance.

Good things he has done:

Giving wagner a run in the second test was probably the right move even though it didn't work and even though he didn't perform in the warm up game. It was the right move as Wagner has done so well in domestic cricket that he deserved a couple of chances.
    The worst thing Hesson did was to lie about the whole Taylor-gate affair to try and make himself look better and Taylor look worse. That tells you a lot about the sort of character he is. Very, very low.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post

Surely the McCullum -> middle order won't happen though.

What Brendon wants, Brendon gets. We'll just have to get used to that.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket acareer past 2016."
    Brocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information