Unlucky Australia Cricketers during the golden era under Taylor/Waugh
The slip fielding thread got me thinking of Australia cricketers who missed out on having a long test career because of the dominance of Australia at that time.
Conversation at the time was often "Our A team would beat............"
Who do you think were the unlucky cricketers of that era? The ones who didn't play enough (or any tests) for the ability they had? I think the following players would all walk straight in to the current test team if they were in their prime...
- Matthew Elliott
- Jimmy Maher
- Martin Love
- Jamie Siddons
- Stuart Law
- Darren Lehmann (played a few tests, but should have played closer to 100)
- Darren Berry
- Andy Bichel (same as Lehmann)
- Michael Kasprowicz (same as Lehmann)
- Stuart Clark (played a few, but kept out by McGrath, Gillespie and Lee for ages)
- Stuart MacGill (played 44 tests, but if it weren't for Warne he'd have played 100)