• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Premier League 2012

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The calls for Akila Dananjaya to make he WC side seems to be growing from a small hope to a for gone conclusion. The only question seems to be can you have two mystery spinners in your side at once. Will
Ajantha Mendis and Akila Dananjaya, be Sri Lanka version of MacGill and Warne.

Hopefully a few young batsmen step to put their hand up for final batting spots in the squad. None of youngsters have really show yet that are class above. We could be going to back to old guard of Tharanga, Samaraweera, Silva, Muburak or Kapu by default.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Kapu has just played himself into the SL WC 15 after tonight's innings.
Yeah were stuffed, hopefully Dilshan Munaweera can get more then a start for once in his career or we stuffed with potentially both Tharanga and Kapu.

I am growing to idea of giving Manaweera a start an let him just pay a Kalu role and a have slog and get a quick 20-30 at the top of order. Rather then have someone like Tharanga, Thirimanne or Kapu who take long in Twenty20 to get going.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Munaweera, Rajapakshe and Angelo Perera should be sure bets for T20s due to their aggressive intent. Sad to see Kusal Janith playing for Wayamba, where Akmal is the keeper. Should have moved to Rudras with Randiv.

Lostman

State Captain
It would be nice if they put up some numbers to back up the aggressive intent.
Rajapakshe, especially seems a bit out of his depth. He needs at least another season or 2 in first class.

Dhananjaya looks really interesting though. Personally I would like to see him picked in the WC squad, but I wonder if it is really a good time to debut a 18 year old at a world cup.

Himannv

International Coach
Actually managed to catch a few minutes of a game a couple of days back. Dhananjaya looked very promising,.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Rilee Rossouw copped a nasty knock from a Malinga bouncer - the picture on Cricinfo shows quite a bit of blood around the place.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can someone tell me whether the domestic teams of Gul and Oram qualified for the Champions League? I want to find out if Uva Next needs a completely different new ball attack. If so, they're going to be so screwed and will carry forward the rich tradition of Wayamba of getting Sri Lanka utterly humiliated.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
And interesting to see whether Gayle returns if any other team he lays fails to qualify for CL.

brockley

International Captain
Mcdonald and Fergurson have state duties,but don't expect that to stop them as IPL sides have many Aussie players.