• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Premier League 2012

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
One good thing about tournaments like this is it gives exposure and opportunity to Zims and Bangers, plus Pakistani players who miss out on the IPL.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tharmi is this actually on a channel in Australia at all?
Nah I'm watching a live steam online. The official one is on you tube, but there seems to be delay and keep cutting out.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to send the link to the live steam I'm watch. But it is the 2nd one on the google search 'slpl live steaming'.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointed Mahela Udawatte didn't go on with a good start, story of his career really. Always looks good but never score big scores.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Piss poor crowd. Fans are basically disappointed by the **** performance against India, and possibly showing their dissent to the players with the disinterest. Even Sara finals got better crowds than this.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wayamba looks a strong outfit can see them winning it and even challenging the IPL teams come Champions League.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Image what Tamim could get in a side that had a middle and lower order of some note and he had this freedom every match.

Looks Wayamba decision to buy some lesser known overseas players could have been a master stroke. Also buying on lesser known youngsters has also given them some good depth. Need Vaas in the next game, their pace attack looked poor.

Himannv

International Coach
Watched a few minutes of a game last night. Saw Jeevan Mendis get hit for a couple of fours and changed the channel in annoyance.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Is there a reason that Sanath Jayasuriya isn't in the K Warriors starting XI tonight? Or is it just that he is incredibly old?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In what world does Jacob Oram and Umar Gul both open the bowling together, and one ends up with 3/8 off 4, and Umar Gul goes for 48 from his 4?

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
In what world does Jacob Oram and Umar Gul both open the bowling together, and one ends up with 3/8 off 4, and Umar Gul goes for 48 from his 4?
Not sure, but I know a world where Oram went for 6 runs and Gul for 48.

Gul bowled mostly rubbish, along with Fernando. Too much short stuff on a seaming track. Oram on the other hand found the right length right from the start and stuck to it + he didn't bowl at the death.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The new spinner Dhanajaya looks particularly impressive. Massive off breaks and variations too.

Lostman

State Captain
Was really looking forward to see him, looks promising from what I have seen.

The story was that he was a net bowler that the SL batsmen asked for prior to the Pakistan series since he has a doosra. Mahela was so impressed by him that he asked the selectors to name him in the 30 WC squad. School boy cricketer with no first class games WAG.

If nothing else the SLPL gives guys like this a chance.