Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When and Who will break the world record????

Cricket Spectator

When and Who will break the world record????

Hi New member so be kind Huge Somerset and Trescothick fan so looking forward to finals day!!

Just wondered when you think the batting world record will be broken and by who (400* Lara)

Personally I think it will be broken quite soon and probably on the subcontinent or when bangladesh visit South Africa/England.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Never, literally if any batsman even gets to 400, then they want shooting for not playing for their team because in all likelihood they won't be scoring fast enough to define the match or will take too much time out of the game doing so.

Ponting was quite right when he referred to Lara's 400 as selfish.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Lara's 375 was a much better innings.

If someone breaks the 400 it will be in a dead game against a bowling attack offering nothing, so I probably won't care much.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Eds
    Damn those batsmen making lots of runs. Bastards.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    There's a difference between making runs for the team and making runs for records, the 400 was the latter.

Eds
    3-0 down in a four match series, and he's standing little to no chance of ever really getting out. And it's not as if he was plodding along either - SR of 70 for the 400*. When you're on the verge of a whitewash, to come out with the incredible publicity West Indies cricket got from his achievement, I don't think anyone involved would really be complaining.

U19 Cricketer
    I agree that going on to make ridiculously large individual scores is somewhat selfish, but I certainly think that if a team is batting first (or second after bowling the other team out within the first day) and you can rack up 400+ within two days then it's fair game.

As to who will do it, it's impossible to say. Somebody like Sehwag or Gayle even Warner could do it on a flat track against a weaker side. Somebody like Clarke or Cook could rack it up too.

I'm sure that within the next few decades it will be beaten though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Ross Taylor. Tomorrow. Off 200 balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres21 View Post
    Hi New member so be kind Huge Somerset and Trescothick fan so looking forward to finals day!!

Just wondered when you think the batting world record will be broken and by who (400* Lara)

Personally I think it will be broken quite soon and probably on the subcontinent or when bangladesh visit South Africa/England.
    It was bull**** when Hayden scored 380 odd against Zimbos. What was he trying to prove. Likewise if someone smashes 402 against Bangers I will be suitably unimpressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

State Captain
    Lara's 400 deserves to be ahead of Hayden's 385, so at least justice was served there.

Wasn't there a mooted timeless Test for a Test Championship final?

A team batting first, and a player batting in the top 4-5, could definitely score a 400 and not kill the game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Never, literally if any batsman even gets to 400, then they want shooting for not playing for their team because in all likelihood they won't be scoring fast enough to define the match or will take too much time out of the game doing so.
    if Clarke had pushed onto 400 I don't think anyone would have been calling him selfish. He really could have batted on

Lara's 400 will be broken at some point. It might just be 402*, but it'll go
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    A team batting first, and a player batting in the top 4-5, could definitely score a 400 and not kill the game.
    Or batting second if you've skittled the oppo. Time is even less of an issue then in some ways.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    The biggest rammifications will be felt if Tendulkar is the man to break the record. Endless comparisons to Bradman etc.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Or batting second if you've skittled the oppo. Time is even less of an issue then in some ways.
    Or Sehwag could do it anyways. Don't think it would have been a issue if he had converted 3 of his 250 + into a 400..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information