• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
we could do a long range thing. tip every game right now. but i guess you couldn't do the finals

Spark

Global Moderator
I was thinking about a tipping comp myself actually; will need to look at the fixtures first though. If there's any sort of consistent rhyme or reason for the scheduling that we can get used to then a tipping comp would work well. Need to just stick to picking results though; other **** is too complicated.
The Fox Sports fantasy league structures the comp into "rounds", could just copy those.

benchmark00

Couldn't you just tip a weeks worth at a time?

Yeah future tipping would be quality also for a laff.

Spikey

I might set up a long range thing anyway

I'd rather someone else do it though

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Fox Sports fantasy league structures the comp into "rounds", could just copy those.
Yeah, I'm going to have a look at it in an hour or so. I think it's scheduled in a more tipping-comp-friendly way than the Shield anyway. Will start a thread when I do.

Unless Benchy was serious about NUFAN having another crack; I did assume he was taking the piss...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Couldn't you just tip a weeks worth at a time?

Yeah future tipping would be quality also for a laff.
Yeah that was what I was thinking; try to make it like footy and have everyone's tips due in on a certain day so they could get into a routine of tipping the week's games, even if they're not exactly in perfect round order.

Spikey

I'm just thinking about 'From Long Range' - we might need tiebreakers. Ask everyone to send in their winner as a tiebreaker. that seems obvious enough. but if that doesn't break it? thoughts pls

benchmark00

I'm just thinking about 'From Long Range' - we might need tiebreakers. Ask everyone to send in their winner as a tiebreaker. that seems obvious enough. but if that doesn't break it? thoughts pls
What ****? Very small chance two people are going to finish on the same score at the end of the thing.

Spikey

i need at least two tiebreakers or i don't get government funding

Tiebreaker II might be something like 'who will score more runs (x) or (y)

Spikey

last man standing would probably be too hard for this type of fixture wouldn't it

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that was what I was thinking; try to make it like footy and have everyone's tips due in on a certain day so they could get into a routine of tipping the week's games, even if they're not exactly in perfect round order.
Yeah just do week by week.