• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Spikey showing great commitment to his team here.

You should post it on their fansite forum where someone important might see it; might even be worth using your mod powers there to sticky the suggestion.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i even included the part about dropping abbott just to please you and this is how you re-pay me

also i think the fact i'm right in the sydney sixers catchment area (as opposed to you and skidmark00) plays a big role in me being able to support the thunder in the carefree manner that i do. #suckitwestieboi

Spikey

Nah you open with Cogrove or don't play him.
I just think Gayle at 1 and Azhar at 3 are the first two selections, and then you go from there. And I think Rogers probably works better with Gayle than Fatty Fat Fat would (in that Rogers knows he's supposed to get Gayle on strike, and maybe glide the odd 4 while gayle is getting started, and that's it.). And then Fatty at 4 is just about the best of a bad lot. who would you play at 4 instead of Cosgrove (if we were to keep Rogers opening. obv rogers at 4 could be the option)

edit carters maybe

Last edited:

Spikey

You should post it on their fansite forum where someone important might see it; might even be worth using your mod powers there to sticky the suggestion.
hey wait there's a fansite forum? i guess noted thunder fan Prince EWS would know this...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
hey wait there's a fansite forum? i guess noted thunder fan Prince EWS would know this...
I have no idea. I'd be surprised if there was actually; it doesn't seem to be the done thing anymore. Teams just do Facebook/Twitter/article comments.

benchmark00

Cosgrove has to open because he can't run frenetically between the wickets which is what's required in the middle overs of a t20. He needs to hit boundaries when the field is up, so the first 6 overs.

Spikey

yeah i thought that'd be what you say. i guess i'm not that keen on it

totally keen for keen tho

Spikey

you would have thought after d. smith last year they would have learned

(learn to pick captains who you know will deserve every game + stay away from fat people, ftr)

benchmark00

I reckon he's better than Khawaja tbh. Played a vaguely decent knock against the Sixers too.
Khawaja's not very good either, but he can slap the ball more regularly than Rogers who is just ****ing atrocious. It either has to be Gayle/Cosgrove or Gayle/Khawaja with Rogers out of the frame completely.

Spikey

I reckon he's better than Khawaja tbh. Played a vaguely decent knock against the Sixers too.
From memory, in all the mock teams I came up with (mostly in my head) before the bbl started, both Usman and Rogers were more often than not struggling to get into the team. I would go with Rogers over Usman though but it's no biggie

hey the thunder should open with junior's kid

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually think Rhett Lockyear is a somewhat decent T20 bat ftr but the real problem with players like him is that they just haven't been playing professional cricket. Expecting someone who is a fringe player at best anyway to come in and start slapping dingers against the sort of bowling we see in the Big Bash after only playing Tassie Premier Cricket is probably a bit much. It's probably easier for fringe Shield cricketers to step into the Shield because they can ease themselves in, but I reckon it'd be really hard in the Big Bash. We're seeing it with Katich this season a bit as well. At least Wells and the like have been getting a hit in the Futures League; some of these guys have to come straight out of grade cricket.

I've got a bit of faith in Rogers though; I've seen him play some pretty expansive little innings when he has to. This season, even. He's not going to be great but I think he could do a job for the side; I certainly have more faith in him than Usman anyway.

Last edited: