• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gun stuff from Tremain. **** the Thunder suck though.

And my dad and brother went to the game, haha.

thierry henry

International Coach
It's ridiculous. Mark Waugh was going on about it in the first game too, and he's not even an outstanding club cricketer yet ffs.
Is Abbott actually a highly-rated young player or is just a case of Waugh seeing him once or twice on TV and liking the look of him?

Spikey

i'd say he's a rated young player when it comes to the colour stuff. needs to stop being given shield games

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Abbott actually a highly-rated young player or is just a case of Waugh seeing him once or twice on TV and liking the look of him?
He's very highly rated by NSW Cricket. He wasn't rated anywhere near as highly by some of those at a club side (until this season) Parramatta but it's not just a Mark Waugh thing.

I do think Mark Waugh thinks more highly of his batting than even the blokes at NSW Cricket who over-rate him, though. Waugh constantly compares him to Henriques who has always shown far more batting potential.

Spikey

He Can Bat tho

I can see Abbott playing a couple of games for Aus as a bit part all rounder who everyone wants out of the team.