• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nah he still lives in adelaide and has played for the bays every game i reckon. took a dickload of poles the last few weeks before the big bash started too, 7/ and 3/ one week and another 6/ the next week i think.

why he's not started in the 50 over side is anyones guess. Maybe they think him and christo is too much the same.
:laugh: wtf am I on then? I could've sworn he moved to Melbourne to play. I even knew he'd been taking lots of wickets but I thought there were in Premier cricket. WTF :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sportsbet tasting it so hard this week. 3 out of the 4 games the losing team hit over 160 so all losing bets refunded.

SA OD team isn't that easy to get in. I don't blame Berry for playing Ross. I actually really enjoy watching SA/Strikers play these days in short form cricket.

TumTum

Banned
nah i like the lights from an aesthetic point of view. and also reckon that for line ball runouts it could prove extremely useful in determining the point where the bail is fully dislodged if it works properly.
They need to find a way of making it brighter imo.

And how does it work? Does it have an accelerometer of some sorts or does it use contact switches where the bails are supported? If it's the latter yeah it could be useful.

Riggins

International Captain
playing ross would be much more defensible if he'd made any runs in grade cricket or futures and his selection didn't reek of coaches son treatment.

Riggins

International Captain
They need to find a way of making it brighter imo.

And how does it work? Does it have an accelerometer of some sorts or does it use contact switches where the bails are supported? If it's the latter yeah it could be useful.
take it to the cw science thread ****

juro

U19 12th Man
TV ratings for round 1:

Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat: 342,000
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder: 488,000
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades: 349,000
Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes: 273,000
Average: 363,000

Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades: 344,000
Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder: 237,000
Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes: 224,000
Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers: 206,000
Average: 252,750

So that is a fall of 30% from last year's kickoff. Ouch!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
TV ratings for round 1:

Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat: 342,000
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder: 488,000
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades: 349,000
Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes: 273,000
Average: 363,000

Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades: 344,000
Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder: 237,000
Brisbane Heat vs Hobart Hurricanes: 224,000
Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers: 206,000
Average: 252,750

So that is a fall of 30% from last year's kickoff. Ouch!
TV ratings are up there very highly on my pet peeves - they are just a guide, so I wouldn't take the 30% fall too personally especially when overseas networks have bought rights this year like Sky did.

Spark

Global Moderator
Plus, there'll always be the fact that it was the first round last season, so there's heightened interest from that alone.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon Gannon's action isn't as bad as it looks. Bit of an optical illusion. Think he's like Copeland in that he has an exaggerated wrist ****. Not to say that his arm is not without some bend, but I don't think it straightens as much as you think.
The side on vision doesn't look all that bad, IMO.

Am pretty sure he's been tested and cleared.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He moved to Melbourne; plays his cricket there now other than during the Big Bash. I think that was mainly because SA de-listed him though which was pretty harsh in a way.
Nah, he moved to Melbourne before being picked up by SA. He's not playing any cricket in Melbourne at the moment.