• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
THe BCCI has banned all Indian players from playing domestic t20 tournaments,whether on or off season,so its not personal against the Big Bash. Bit hypocritical BCCI raids the worlds" teams for the IPL,but thats the BCCI logic,can anyone follow it.:unsure:

Dunno if Big Bash has anything against it,I heard CA wants teams to sign Indian players,so more Indians watch the Big Bash. Ashwins' batting is better than his bowling this England and Indian series.

BTW crowds are down on last season for the first 2 games this season,dunno how Fox's coverage is going.

BTW I am in Wollongong and follow the 6's get that:laugh:.
I do think the Thunder have some good bowling prospects,think stats wise Cossie averages early 20's in the Big Bash.:p

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Cosgrove isn't a good t20 player and can't field. Probs should've still got a game though, but it's not like it's beyond crazy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
btw I don't like the idea of geographical Derby's to start the year, these are the big clashes that ppl look forward to but many people are still keen to go to the first match of the year regadless of who plays who.

benchmark00

btw I don't like the idea of geographical Derby's to start the year, these are the big clashes that ppl look forward to but many people are still keen to go to the first match of the year regadless of who plays who.
The Darwin Desert Rats looking forward to their match against the Alice Springs Sea Serpents.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NT Thunder disagree Jono. Bench yep they would be looking forward to it, but not in round 1.

Last edited:

Spikey

I actually think it's different up here. I think Sydney takes awhile to kick into gear. I think it would have been an 'average' crowd even if it was Warne

At times I think I'd rather two Stars-Sixers games and two Thunder-Renegades games. At the end of the day, Victorians have spent so much time bitching about how Hodge and Dussey have been robbed. Thunder and Sixers fans are gonna have no problem hating the Stars. Renegade fans? You need a bit of passion and hatred for a rivalry, and I don't really see the derbies doing that. It seems they're supposed to hate players they spend most of the season they support and push for Australian selection and complain of bias when they don't get picked.

and who knows, maybe the Thunder and Renegades basically being told to go away might Spark® some passion

brockley

International Captain
A Darwin team no chance for the Big Bash,wrong season for a start,the 3 teams that had high interest for the Big Bash we're Gold Coast,Geelong(not likely a 3rd Vic team) and Canberra. Plus their is talk of a NZ team to follow Basketball and Soccer.:dry:

howardj

International Coach
They need to have ths thing straight after the NY Sydney Test. That way, our international guys hopefully can play, and pick the eyes out of the marque touring team(which usually plays the NY Sydney Test) which is out here at the time. Otherwise she's lacking star power.

It's easy to mock the Big Bash, but I applaud CA for reaching out to younger audiciences. But young people, they, like all consumers, want quality. That's why more young dudes follow the NBA rather than the NBL - because it's where the best players are.