• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@warne888
My Aust 20/20 team... Warner Finch ( C ) Marsh Watson Hussey D Maxwell Wade Coulter-Nile Johnson Pattinson Beer

Reasonable team actually. I rate Beer in this format above Doherty.
Having Pattinson over Starc makes the whole team ridiculous.

benchmark00

Oh come on, why do you need to appeal when the stumps light up ffs?
Laws of cricket say that you need to appeal for a wicket to be given.

The stupid thing is that Katich had until the bowler started his run up for the next ball to appeal, and did not. Basically he just called him back, it wasn't the umpire saying he's not out due to appeal I think, despite was Voges says.

Spark

Global Moderator
Laws of cricket say that you need to appeal for a wicket to be given.

The stupid thing is that Katich had until the bowler started his run up for the next ball to appeal, and did not. Basically he just called him back, it wasn't the umpire saying he's not out due to appeal I think, despite was Voges says.
Well that's even dumber then

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah it was stupid, it's not a sportsmanship thing, it's just out. step on stumps. out.

kutanile should be fuming too

Spikey

i assume some people are gonna say 'you don't appeal for a bowled' but you do celebrate quite hard, which is basically an appeal

Spark

Global Moderator
Actually, what about that incident in the Nagpur Test where Monty got a wicket that he really, really didn't want to get? Wonder if you could have 'not appealed' and hence not taken the wicket despite it crashing into middle and off stump...

uvelocity

International Coach
i assume some people are gonna say 'you don't appeal for a bowled' but you do celebrate quite hard, which is basically an appeal
its happened many a time where a batsman doesn't realised he's bowled and it's required of the fielding team to give a subdued howzat and the ump to march him