• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect nothing, which means it's 45 more than I anticipated. And makes Hobart, Colombo etc so much sweeter. Plus there's a few Howick boys waiting in the wings, so a few failures can't help.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
The provincial "A" tournament starts tomorrow down in Lincoln. ND's team:

Joe Carter
Mitchell Santner
Bharat Popli
Jono Hickey
Tamati Clarke
Jono Boult
Brett Hampton
Tony Goodin
Cody Andrews
Joe Walker
James Baker
Shane Gadsdon
Anurag Verma

Bar Boult not a single other player is 25 in that squad, so it's pretty young. No Hiini's or the like which is good to see. Carter has scored a couple of 100's for the A team already this season so he'll be looking for a big tournament, as will Clarke and Hickey. Popli just broke the record for most 100's by a BOP batsmen so he's pushing for a spot too. Surprised Gadsdon got the nod over Seifert also.
Yeah Jono Hickey just needs to remember what got him into representative colours in the first place, which is leg spin. Spoke to him a few months back and is going through the classic leg spinners case of the yips, (which I been there done that, and still have to deal with lol), although with Ish form and timing the leg spin slot that Jono seemed to have sewn up at age 17/18 is now looking distant.

Not even gonna go into the joke of a squad that is Auckland A. Hardly any of those guys are putting up serious numbers in club cricket, obviously with a few exceptions. Hakaraia as a talent is unbelievable, just has no focus in life and the latter point i starting to really bite him in the arse. Michael Barry is a serious opener as well. Unfortunately in terms of the rest of the sie guys around the scene will know who SHOULD be in there (Andrew De Boorder anyone?).

Rant over.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not even gonna go into the joke of a squad that is Auckland A.
Ben Horne apparently not seen as a chance to be fitting right in with Aces batting culture at Eden Park within the next 12 months, I was surprised by that.

Any Mark Chapman news, SteveNZ? Is he in Auckland atm?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben Horne has had a pretty avg run of club form - Mike Barry is a decent player and Mactar you've got to have there. As captain is a head-scratcher though.

As for Chapman, fairly certain I saw his name on a North Shore scorecard recently. But some of the names on the A scorecard don't mean a thing to me so I must have been at the beach too often

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
What is the story with O'Donnell. Wasn't he 12th man last shield game? But not in the B squad?

Also if Bartlett not required for T20s, then let the rest of the country's provincial A teams glory in his Kemar Roach action

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Bartlett really should be required shouldn't he, nothing says 'we're the defending champs' like Matt Quinn and Donovan Grobbelaar obvs. Otago to probably quite enjoy a Mark Perham track tonight.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bartlett really should be required shouldn't he, nothing says 'we're the defending champs' like Matt Quinn and Donovan Grobbelaar obvs. Otago to probably quite enjoy a Mark Perham track tonight.
He's 10 times the bowler that Matt Quinn is. 50 even. And Quinn is even worse with the bat so that's not the deciding vote. Grob has his place as an all-rounder but why Deano isn't there, I've no idea.

Immenso

BTW. My question about ODonnell and the Prov A squad was genuine, rather than just a general whine. Anyone know why he's good enough almost for Plunket but not good enough for Prov A Lincloln week?

My theory, is maybe they think schoolboys don't have the boundary hitting muscle? Seeing as it is just 50 and 20 over stuff. Or he could just be on holiday or something ....

Immenso

Surprisingly and conradictingly. Considering how weak Canterbury's first XI is, their Prov A team looks really strong (on paper).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW. My question about ODonnell and the Prov A squad was genuine, rather than just a general whine. Anyone know why he's good enough almost for Plunket but not good enough for Prov A Lincloln week?

My theory, is maybe they think schoolboys don't have the boundary hitting muscle? Seeing as it is just 50 and 20 over stuff. Or he could just be on holiday or something ....
Saw him in the dug out last Friday, and he may well be in there tonight as well. Unsure how being in the squad would be more beneficial than being at As...he'd walk into that team. Possibly at Marc Ellison's expense.

Wonder if five-wicket taker R.Sharma is Raj, Oxford super genius back in town. Serious batsman, bent arm over.