• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Howsie

International Captain
Ha, didn't realise their was a game on yesterday. Naturally after seeing Wellington had played I have just assumed Otago won.

cnerd123

likes this
Marty Kain's action is hideous. It's like a random spectator was tossed the ball and asked to bowl without ever having bowled before in their life. How is this guy a first-class cricketer?

cnerd123

likes this
Seriously though, wtf. He bowls like a 12 year old who has just discovered what cricket is. How has nobody stopped him and told him that his action is complete rubbish.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm sure it's worked very well for him throughout high school and age group cricket so there's been no real reason to tamper with it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's weird, wacky, strange etc but I wouldn't say horrible. Okay, maybe horrible if he's trying to get traditional spin deliveries, but he seems to have found a niche or way to bowl that suits his purpose. It works for him sometimes, obviously. If he wanted to bowl differently, I imagine he would've changed his action by now.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea, I got used to it a bit more after watching that video. I guess it grows on you.

Still quite a bad action though...doesn't look like he uses his body at all, it's just his shoulder and arm forcing the ball through. Looks painful as well.