• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
When I watched some of the Wellington bowling via the video highlights back door. Watched Tugaga's first spell and he had Yovich troubled a lot, without getting his wicket.

Got him this innings though, and quickly.

Flem274*

123/5
Would have Chris Martin wicket keeping ahead of Luke Ronchi ftr.

Without the stigma he's definitely the second best batting option at worst. I haven't seen much of his glovework, and you guys know I pick the best gloveman provided they're not a muppett so who knows there.

But he has the stigma, and there is no escaping it for mine. Picking someone who has already played ODIs for another country, especially Australia, is just rank. A line needs to be drawn somewhere and he is it.

Howsie

International Captain
So much for this being Wellington's year huh? Beaten inside three days (basically) by an understrength ND team. Next.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have Chris Martin wicket keeping ahead of Luke Ronchi ftr.

Without the stigma he's definitely the second best batting option at worst. I haven't seen much of his glovework, and you guys know I pick the best gloveman provided they're not a muppett so who knows there.

But he has the stigma, and there is no escaping it for mine. Picking someone who has already played ODIs for another country, especially Australia, is just rank. A line needs to be drawn somewhere and he is it.
Kruger has played. Wherever this line is, it's on the other side of Ronchi already.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ronchi's lived in the country for 8 or 9 years in total, and was actually born here. It's bad, but at least he has real links to the country, unlike Van Wyk. Could make a useful number seven in tests, if Watling fails in South Africa. Throw Ross Taylor and Jesse Ryder in the middle-order, and we have our strongest team in ages.

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I didn't realise Kruger has played for SA.

Pick the best team, if Ronchi is the best wicket/keeper batsman in New Zealand then he should play for the National team. England has no qualms in picking foreign players, why shouldn't we? He was at least born in NZ.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I didn't realise Kruger has played for SA.
He would've if he was good enough.

We've had this argument before, and we strongly but respectfully disagreed, so I decided not to go there with you again. Saying the same thing over and over again inside as many different threads as possible is really starting to piss me off though, especially since you actually namedrop-bait me in about half those posts. You can scream at the top of your voice as much as you like about it; doesn't make you any less wrong. Let it go, at least until he actually ****ing plays, please.

Flem274*

123/5
Pick the best team, if Ronchi is the best wicket/keeper batsman in New Zealand then he should play for the National team. England has no qualms in picking foreign players, why should we? He was at least born in NZ.
Do we really want to be like England? The Morgan thing is still ick imo.

It will never sit right with me to see someone who has represented another country at 20/20-ODI-test level then represent us, not matter where they were born.

If all the first fives in NZ spontaneously combusted and Quade Cooper crossed the Tasman to play for us, would you be comfortable with that?

He would've if he was good enough.

We've had this argument before, and we strongly but respectfully disagreed, so I decided not to go there with you again. Saying the same thing over and over again inside as many different threads as possible is really starting to piss me off though, especially since you actually namedrop-bait me in about half those posts. You can scream at the top of your voice as much as you like about it; doesn't make you any less wrong. Let it go, at least until he actually ****ing plays, please.
Yeah fair enough, I'm just used to you popping up five seconds after I make the usual post so I started name dropping. :p I'll leave my outrage until the ODI squad is announced (it sounds like it's going to happen).

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Do we really want to be like England? The Morgan thing is still ick imo.

It will never sit right with me to see someone who has represented another country at 20/20-ODI-test level then represent us, not matter where they were born.

If all the first fives in NZ spontaneously combusted and Quade Cooper crossed the Tasman to play for us, would you be comfortable with that?

Would i want to be second in the test rankings, beat India in India, give the Aussies a hiding.......YES!

I don't agree with it, but if its good for the poms its good enough for us and we need all the help we can get.

As for Cooper I'm not into rugby, so it wouldn't worry me.

By the way what happened to Morgan, one month he was playing for Ireland the next month he was playing for England, what happened to the 4 year waiting period?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Do you think Ronchi would be the difference in those tests?

I think he's a good player, but I just cannot bring myself to support the inclusion of someone who has ODIs for another country. The South Africans and Brownlie already made me uneasy, but they haven't represented other teams (even if only because they aren't good enough). It's an emotional thing, and in the end, emotion drives international sport.

I will never be able to support Ronchi with a silver fern on his cap.

edit: associate players don't have the stand down period (but it works the other way: Hamish Marshall had to wait to play for Ireland). It's a bit strange.