• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sodhi - YouTube

Ish has really relished a footmark and a LHB or six in the early rounds. :laugh:

Quite frustrating to watch at the moment. Action and tempo varies noticeably from ball to ball. Like a very new golfer who'll hit a couple of perfect drives in each session, and also duff quite a few.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Sodhi - YouTube

Ish has really relished a footmark and a LHB or six in the early rounds. :laugh:

Quite frustrating to watch at the moment. Action and tempo varies noticeably from ball to ball. Like a very new golfer who'll hit a couple of perfect drives in each session, and also duff quite a few.
His action is explosive rather than rhythmic, which is going to leave him prone to plenty of shockers at this stage.

Meridio

International Regular
Huge lol at Ryder's second innings there. That first boundary is the absolute epitome of cbf batting - Hi, I'm Jesse and my eye is really good, so I'm just going to stand here, not move my feet an inch and ramp a boundary.

There's no way he'd get away with batting like that at international level.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah watching that Ish's action really isn't great. He just kinda walks through it with all the power coming from the final shoulder and wrist flick, there's no body in it. Plenty to work with though, seems to get good revs.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Another 100 for Luke "hung like a" Ronchi. His season average now moves above Ryder's, even with Ish getting him out just now.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** off Ronchi. ****ing Wellington and their imports. Get your own players you **** ****s and stop playing ****ing Australians.

The **** didn't even come home to CD. Watling better damn well cement his spot because a test with Ronchi in it is one I am not watching.

PEWS to gagf when he replies to this. Played ODIs for Australia, therefore tough luck, on your bike son. Probably a better option than Wade as things stand as well if he can catch.
I'll just leave this right here...

Cricket | Aussie Luke set to blaze into Black Caps... | Stuff.co.nz

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Ronchi isn't actually a better option than Young, Hopkins, van Wyk etc. I'd be very surprised. Distasteful as it may be to select a former Australian international, without that stigma it's really a no-brainer, isn't it? The only alternative is BJ Watling - and that's not ideal.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I think Hutchison got a club ton last weekend, or the week before. Lets see what he can do, Kug followed a club ton up with a FC ton.

Ronchi now has 3 FC tons on Karori Park

jcas0167

International Debutant
Sodhi gets Kuggs caught behind for 83, and picks up a five wicket bag. I imagine ND should get the 193 needed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Currently about 48.5% of the runs in this match have been scored by the men coming in from number 8 on. :blink:

It's a bit disappointing that Ish didn't rap up the tail sooner. Our batsmen are pretty hopeless at picking spin variations (just look at what Mendis did to us in SL), so you'd reckon a couple of reasonably disguised googlies would be enough to rap things up.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Currently about 48.5% of the runs in this match have been scored by the men coming in from number 8 on. :blink:

It's a bit disappointing that Ish didn't rap up the tail sooner. Our batsmen are pretty hopeless at picking spin variations (just look at what Mendis did to us in SL), so you'd reckon a couple of reasonably disguised googlies would be enough to rap things up.
MC Ish known for busting out the rhymes at batsmen then?

"Yo I'm Ish Sodhi and I'm a legspinner. I eat crappy domestic batsmen like you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Man Wilson is ****. A 1 and golden duck to continue his great season.

How is Elliott un droppable, he averages under 30 now in FC Cricket. This isnt the 90's!!