• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, God no. Heeded your warning when I arrived in Wellington and stayed well clear. Biggest bunch of ****s I've ever played against - plenty of teams have one or two ****s, whereas Easts have several.
Henceforth, this date will be marked in my calendar. Someone heeded my advice! Huzzah.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
People keep talking about how improved the bowling is at the moment, but the stats don't really bear that up. Currently, of the top 10 wicket takers, only 3 have averages under 30 (Butler, Arnel and Nethula). The quality young quicks (Milne and Wheeler in particular) have done better, but obviously have only played a couple of games due to injury.

Great point, exactly what I was thinking. It's maybe a case of having to come back closer to the season's end before the quality stands out. At the moment, a bit like the batting averages, it just looks a mess.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And Auckland complete their come-back and take the win while Canterbury choke.

After seeing a bit of how Ryder's been playing lately, I think if he does come back to the NZ side (no certainty imo) then he should bat 6 and be our cash-in merchant. He's not going to have the will to take responsibility and face the music against top fast bowlers with the new ball, but if he comes in at 180/4 or 200/4 then he might smash a hundred and ensure we get past 400. Although 'downhill skiiers' are rightly derided on this forum, this does help win matches. Flip side of course is that he'll often come in at 80/4, throw the bat and we'll soon be 90/5.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe I missed this comment.

What did he do that was so awesome, other than making PEWs taste it, and just being his natural cool self, obviously:D
Made some awesome comments when mic'd up during a T20 game. Put all the regular commentators to shame.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
People keep talking about how improved the bowling is at the moment, but the stats don't really bear that up. Currently, of the top 10 wicket takers, only 3 have averages under 30 (Butler, Arnel and Nethula). The quality young quicks (Milne and Wheeler in particular) have done better, but obviously have only played a couple of games due to injury.
I guess the question is, with the current pitch WOFs etc, what would an Aaron Gale or Alex Tait accumulate and average in today's conditions.

It's subjective. But FC cricket currently contains 3 leg spinners, plus fast bowlers, swing bowlers etc because the pitch doesn't do the work for them anymore. That is why the bowling is better, and why when these guys graduate to test level they have most of the tools to succeed.

But there are always going to be variations. E.g CD with Bracewell, Milne, Wheeler. Or CD with Lamb, Mathiesen and Badenhorst.

grecian

Made some awesome comments when mic'd up during a T20 game. Put all the regular commentators to shame.
Oh, doesn't surprise me, he did say that he had more chance of growing another penis then being picked for England recently, you can't beat a turn of phrase like that:D

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ratface needs to keep his cool here. Tugaga has a FC hundred to his name. If Wellington can avoid the follow-on they'll have gone a long way to saving the match.

EDIT:
Southee finishes with slightly disfigured returns of 5/69 of 15 overs.

Ronchi's now averaging 66.6. Phlegm to cite as proof of his satanic heritage.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Dig the road cone bra btw.:ph34r:
Nice action and shape. Should've had more faith in Tugaga with the bat there to pass the follow-on (150 in four-dayers).

Actually quite chuffed we'll see 'knuckling down = Quisling of the white man = scrutiny = restrictions = anxiety = hospital or jail' Jesse facing Southee again.in this match. Rather than chasing 450 off 80 overs Jesse.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nice action and shape. Should've had more faith in Tugaga with the bat there to pass the follow-on (150 in four-dayers).
Gah of course you're right. Yeah, will be interesting to see whether the top 4 have learned anything for the 2nd dig.

HeathDavisSpeed

Isn't it 200 in four dayers but because the whole of yesterday was lost to rain, the match becomes a 3 dayer as far as the follow on target is concerned? 3 dayer being 150?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't it 200 in four dayers but because the whole of yesterday was lost to rain, the match becomes a 3 dayer as far as the follow on target is concerned? 3 dayer being 150?
Law 13 (The follow-on)

1. Lead on first innings
(a) In a two innings match of 5 days or more, the side which bats first and leads by at least 200 runs shall have the option of requiring the other side to follow their innings.
(b) The same option shall be available in two innings matches of shorter duration with the minimum leads as follows.
(i) 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days;
(ii) 100 runs in a 2-day match;
(iii) 75 runs in a 1-day match.
Taranaki hates (ii), but it would let Phlegm see Pinga bat twice.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Murdoch caught Williamson, lol.

A Kippax compilation probably needs to be made. Murdoch's like Merlyn, except he's a machine for widish slip and gully practice.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't wait to see the latest Ryder brain implosion on the web. Ryder the new de Grandhomme imo.

Howsie

International Captain
So much for "I'm in the best form of my life" No Jesse, your've just been given a chance to tonk around muppets for a month.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ratface needs to keep his cool here. Tugaga has a FC hundred to his name. If Wellington can avoid the follow-on they'll have gone a long way to saving the match.

EDIT:
Southee finishes with slightly disfigured returns of 5/69 of 15 overs.

Ronchi's now averaging 66.6. Phlegm to cite as proof of his satanic heritage.
Ronchi's century was against Southee/Arnel/Aldridge as well. Definitely one of the better tests for a batsman. One that Ryder failed twice as well.