• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Really hope Southee gives Ryder a ****ing go so he pulls his head in and then gives Ronchi a sort out.

Or alternatively our test keeper could score some damn runs.

wac
Well, he's got Ryder out too now! One of the great spells of bowling-and an all-round day up there with Botham or Kallis at their best!

Flem274*

123/5
$10 on him trying to hit a yorker out of the ground.

But seriously if he took a big swing at that I hope the selectors call him and tell him to start batting like he does in tests or he can **** off because he's so damn good at this level he should be judged on how he scores his runs rather than how many.

Last edited:

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Arnel becomes very aware of the difference between a decent domestic seamer, and an international class one..bet he's desperate for a wicket after watching the carnage at the other end :laugh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Southee

I hope this gives Ryder the wake up call that he needs about how his current approach to batting will work out at the international level.

Mike5181

International Captain
It's pretty much the perfect time for a fast bowler to come on and bowl at the opposition. They have **** all to gain, and you can basically give it your all because you only have to bowl 5 or 6 overs. He'll be fresh tomorrow morning, so he could end up with 7 or 8 for the innings if he's good enough.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Heroic effort to survive the last over-even picking up a two-by Kuggeleijn. Shame in a way that Southee couldn't have grabbed a 5th before close; "a 150 and a 5-fer" sounds so much better as a days work. But he can come back in the morning refreshed and go for a huge innings haul.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
A few other lower order knocks I forgot...Butler's two 50's and Craig's 93. Neesham's 100 kinda counts too given the position in the order he came in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm gonna side with Jesse, and guess he played a gentle forward prod with his pad and bat a mile apart. He's never been very good at dealing with extravagant inswing.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
imo caught at long-on putting away a swinging full toss/half volley. The only problem with this theory is whether Timmeh is able to bowl such a bad delivery :laugh:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty good declaration that.

Tail enders saving Auckland too.

Anyone else concerned that NZ Domestic is turning into a joke?

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, has improved slightly imo. Well the ceilings of the players anyway. Not many 120kph dibbly dobblies around ripping through teams.

Well McCone took wickets today, but he isn't a regular in the wickets so meh.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Nah, has improved slightly imo. Well the ceilings of the players anyway. Not many 120kph dibbly dobblies around ripping through teams.

Well McCone took wickets today, but he isn't a regular in the wickets so meh.
Ellis comes to mind, but that doesn't really count seeing he has an illegal action

Flem274*

123/5
Nah I think the batting is the same as it was in the last 5 years or so, it's just now the bowlers are 140kph on fair pitches* and opposed to 120kph on roads and most can't cope.

So rather than appearing to have heaps of batting depth, we are being told the truth. Hopefully the bump in bowling talent will see the batsmen adjust, but that will take some time.

*Colin Munro Park excepted.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's something wrong, and it's not good news for New Zealand cricket when the centuries are being scored by guys deploying brute force and ignorance. If we went by Domestic results, we'd be batting with a team of #8s with Jesse Ryder thrown in. Exceptional strike rate guaranteed, but would be ripped apart by a team of international bowlers.

Why is it that these 140km/h pacers can take top order wickets but not lower order wickets? This isn't a flash in the pan thing, it's the story of the season.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I dunno. Inexperience maybe? There's some pretty youthful attacks out there I guess.

Just had a look at the most runs chart, and of the 10 guys with over 300 runs and averaging 50+, 9 are top six batsmen. A lot of them are names we've seen before though.

Munro
Redmond
Carlchopa
Ryder
Papps
Fulton
Yovich
Anderson
Craigchopa

With Andrew being the sneaky lower order hero in there, and Tastle, Brownlie and Will Young just outside it.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...most_runs_career.html?id=7567;type=tournament

edit: looking at that list brings it home to me just how relatively easy it is to have awesome stats at the halfway mark of the season. One big innings and some okay scores sees you up there.

Last edited: