Page 76 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    How and T Mac are gun in the field.

You just know T Mac will come up with 32 (150) in one innings as well. It's a law of physics.

And if he scored a jammy hundred it would be comedy gold.

iirc someone said in the tour thread the pitch we play our first test on is likely to be slow and low. My first thought upon hearing that was Styris but Papps could fluke 80 odd on that surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    iirc someone said in the tour thread the pitch we play our first test on is likely to be slow and low.:
    That would be me, assuming you actually are playing a Test at PE (I haven't seen the schedule). There hasn't been a Test there in ages but the pitches for ODIs there in the last couple of years have been the most un-South African you'll ever see. Steve Smith, JP Duminy and Yuvraj Singh have all had great success there as bowlers against South African, Indian and Australian batting lineups which really says it all.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    That would be me, assuming you actually are playing a Test at PE (I haven't seen the schedule). There hasn't been a Test there in ages but the pitches for ODIs there in the last couple of years have been the most un-South African you'll ever see. Steve Smith, JP Duminy and Yuvraj Singh have all had great success there as bowlers against South African, Indian and Australian batting lineups which really says it all.
    Huh, so maybe a decent haul on the cards for Jeets then (if he doesn't get replaced by Dan)?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

First test is at Newlands (is that one the road or the green top?) and the second is at PE.

Our squad gets announced next week btw. Worth making the tour thread now so we can abuse each other before it's announced?

How and T Mac are gun in the field.

You just know T Mac will come up with 32 (150) in one innings as well. It's a law of physics.

And if he scored a jammy hundred it would be comedy gold.

iirc someone said in the tour thread the pitch we play our first test on is likely to be slow and low. My first thought upon hearing that was Styris but Papps could fluke 80 odd on that surely?
    Fulton's also made a pretty strong case if Guptill were to be stood down for a couple of months. Just a pity that he's one of the worst fielders I've seen. Given that his hand-eye coordination is obviously fairly good, it's hard to believe that his catching can be so bad.

I remember spitting fire that we didn't pick Fulton to bat number three in SA all the way back in 2007. How things change.

What other domestic journeymen can we suggest? Howsie is reading the thread so we need to wind him up.

Papps
    McIntosh
    Sinclair
    Fulton
    Woodcock
    Franklin
    Hopkins

Field that imo.

edit: I know an awesome fielder we can pick who absolutely no one will care about failing. In fact it will be entertaining.

James Marshall.

Or if we want some entertainment before the nick to the keeper or off stump being uprooted, but still gun fielding, Lou Vincent ftw. Past his best but he can bring the Justin Bieber doll on tour to give motivational speeches again.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 30-11-2012 at 05:16 AM.

First test is at Newlands (is that one the road or the green top?) and the second is at PE.
    Yeah, Kippax asked me what the pitch at PE is like these days and that was my answer. Hard to say with it being so long since there was a Test there but I'd be betting on low and slow - by South African standards anyway - for the second Test.

Newlands is hard to predict; it's often fairly close to being a road internationally but it also hosted the famous Australia 47ao game a couple of years back and she was green then, more like the domestic wickets there.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 30-11-2012 at 05:19 AM.

I dunno but Michael Bates should definitely replace Boult to open the bowling with Chris Martin. Those two are ****ing dynamite.

Yeah, Kippax asked me what the pitch at PE is like these days and that was my answer. Hard to say with it being so low since there was a Test though but I'd be betting on low and slow - by South African standards anyway - for the second Test.

Newlands is hard to predict; it's often fairly close to being a road internationally but it also hosted the famous Australia 47ao game a couple of years back and she was green then, more like the domestic wickets there.
    Haha oh dear God, we're ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I dunno but Michael Bates should definitely replace Boult to open the bowling with Chris Martin. Those two are ****ing dynamite.
    Daryl Tuffey to come out of retirment and be the third seamer.

My most enduring memory of Fulton as a fielder:

Bond to Plunkett, 2 runs, good grief. This is getting a bit village! A big swing from Plunkett spirals up to square leg, and instead of catching it, Peter Fulton decides to head-butt it! Ouch, that's gotta hurt!

I hope Rob taped that game. Would love to see it on youtube.

Hah, would love seeing Lou back in the team. The current BC's are all so vanilla. Could definitely do with a healthy dose of Vincent's patented brand of bull**** to spice things up.

Daryl Tuffey to come out of retirment and be the third seamer.
    He's averaging about 10 with the ball for Bankstown in first grade this season, and we all know Sydney first grade is a better competition than the Plunket Shield. Obviously in career best form.

Thread Information