• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
haha dammit, as soon as we jizz over Fuller's raw assets he bowls some gimmes.

Still has all the assets to be a gun bowler though.

thierry henry

International Coach
Fuller is about to turn 23 and has played very little FC cricket. Flatters to deceive a bit maybe? Bowling 140kph outswing and hitting bouncers for 6 over mid-off was an impressive start.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope Bradburn appreciated that 28(28) from Devcich. Watling playing some classic Hessonball at 8.

Flem274*

123/5
Haven't watched much of the BBL.

The bowling across all formats has improved out of sight. Shutting down that stupid biomechanics academy was the best decision we ever made. Batting is probably about the same.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
So why's BJ not good enough for T20Is? I'm a massive fan of de Boorder but surely you want your Test keeper to have every chance to get in some form and get used to keeping over there.

Flem274*

123/5
Who cares about T20Is outside the world cup? The format is made for domestix. The format just suits the league format, rather than 3 matches totalling 9 hours cricket over 3-5 days.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah they're using that series as an open net, let's face it. Mills bowled 4 overs 2/6 in a T20 in SA eight weeks ago, yet Gillespie, then Bates, were preferred.

thierry henry

International Coach
But improving all the time.
Yep and obviously he's our form ODI batsman of the last 5 minutes, but this needs to be tempered against his overall career which isn't as flash as you'd think given the way people rave about his qualities. Slow scorer in LO and not a prolific scorer in 4D cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm surprised they picked Bates considering both sides are taking the piss with their squads (no disrespect to the debutants intended, but it seems pretty obvious both teams want a look at certain players). I would have thought rather than go for the banker in Bates our selectors would have flown over another young guy like Hugglejuggle or Duffy.

Mike5181

International Captain
I'm surprised they picked Bates considering both sides are taking the piss with their squads (no disrespect to the debutants intended, but it seems pretty obvious both teams want a look at certain players). I would have thought rather than go for the banker in Bates our selectors would have flown over another young guy like Hugglejuggle or Duffy.
Yeah, it would've been a good time to run with a Wheeler/Small/Henry if they weren't all made of glass. I like the idea of giving the young guns a bit of a look at international level.

Flem274*

123/5
So Devcich sure is gun eh Phlegm?
Right now he isn't likely to make the grade tbh. He's had plenty of chances and hasn't taken them. His technique isn't great but what really kills him is his shot selection. Maybe I jinx him but whenever I watch him he loves to play a daft shot. He isn't a good bowler either.

ND must see something there though. He must kill it at club level to keep earning his spot. Will be interesting to see if he kicks on. ND probably need it in the 4 dayers.

nice try

edit: excellent Butler trolling tonight however.

Last edited: