• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't know about Andre, he seemed to be picking up injuries during the UK season - even though he still took 54 wickets - so it might be a long shot at his age to play Plunket Shield for Auckland. Might still be an option in HRV unless they find a better import.

S.Hicks is a Howick Pakuranga player, therefore is a gun. Lets let him get past school though before we start getting too carried away. Good midfielder for Grammar's 1st XV too.

Solia bowls skiddy in-swingers that get average to bad players out. Not tall, wouldn't be 6 foot, and no real pace. Quinn isn't any great shakes either, even if he did have a good World Cup.

I don't think they need to contract a bowler. They've got more than enough there and there's not anyone demanding of a spot with the ball.

It'll be Parlane, if he's still around. Remember he scored back-to-back hundreds in the Ford Trophy last year at the business end. If he's not, Dusan Hakaraia who may play a bit of limited overs stuff. Andy de Boorder is there as well but can't see him getting much game time unfortunately.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Always like Tuffey and loved his smooth bowling action. Thought he would be a huge gain for us when he came back from the ICL and was disappointed he bowled at 125 and wasn't up to it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Turns out Parlane initially turned down a contract with Auckland, didn't want to be committed to attending trainings when not selected etc with other things going on.

So last contract will probably be Hakaraia.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
lol at that pace attack. Three left armers!
And a fourth carrying the drinks.

What the hell is happening here?!?! Brownlie gets hit, seemingly fairly innocuously, and we've got about 3-4 conferences going on between batsmen, umpires, umpires and fielders, umpires and 12th men...insanity.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Figured out it's an on-demand stream if you go full screen btw, did rear off a length for Worker's wicket at 21.10.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
On Radiosport they said it was a good pitch on the weekend (Practise match), dont know if this is the same strip. There was rain last night so hopefully with a bit of sun on it that it will improve..

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Scratch that, the match has been abandoned my faithful spy in the side tells me. Some fizzing and bouncing, some rolling.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently the Indians were reaaaal happy to agree to call it off with the prospect of facing NZ's left-armers. Now they can go back to their warm beds.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great idea to stream this match. Pity about the pitch. In all fairness though, cricket in NZ in mid September is pretty optimistic.

Is it a replay they're showing now?

Blain

U19 Captain
Bugger! I reckon Boult, Wagner and big Mitch would be a handful on most pitches. Boult was bowling 138-145 clicks in India, Wagner and McClenegahn would be of similar pace.