• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
CricHQ | Matches

For those that were interested. BOP V CM game.
Incredibly strong BOP team. Boult still can't get higher than 11, and Flynn still hiding at 5 even in Fergus Hickey cricket ( can tell I'm a fan of him as an opener).

Also, I ****ing hate CricHQ. I can never see more than one innings? Do I need to download the app or something? Cricket Wellington using it this year and it sucks, can't check out results and stats for my grade anymore.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No that'd be a Java issue for you at your end, if the different innings buttons on that page don't work.

Franklin getting out cheap by an attack missing our 3 best bowlers ftw.

Hope Taylor plays some 4 dayers. It will be nice to negate Wellington's only (and imported obv) advantage over the other 5 sides.
I've had a YT comment from a Small insider btw. Scored a ton and is bowling in club cricket as of Saturday. Seems the surgery has been shelved. Kippax has opened his eyes to the age of Wgtn's pace attack.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Thanks-Radiosport, that's the one, it was bookmarked on my old laptop! I'd already found the scoreboard one as an alternative to Cricinfo and their post-play only scorecards. I've often found myself watching it tick by in the way I used to watch County matches on BBC Ceefax as a kid :laugh:

Good to see a neat 75 run partnership by Warwickshire; just need to do the day-job and take some wickets now.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Incredibly strong BOP team. Boult still can't get higher than 11, and Flynn still hiding at 5 even in Fergus Hickey cricket ( can tell I'm a fan of him as an opener).

Also, I ****ing hate CricHQ. I can never see more than one innings? Do I need to download the app or something? Cricket Wellington using it this year and it sucks, can't check out results and stats for my grade anymore.

Works OK on Chrome for me.

That BOP side is basically a good FC outfit!

Always good to get another Kelly scorecard in my quest to determine what he is. "Batting all-rounder" it seems.

Gillespie strikes! Aww sod it, I'm a Wellington fan. For this season at any rate..

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I want Ryder to be enjoying his cricket, but I'm not sure how great it is that he's flaying domestic bowlers all around the park.

He can be such a compact batsman when he wants to be.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose from the pov of the team, you can only criticize someone so much when they're averaging over 100.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Woah. Have a look at Van Wyk 'catch' of Grant Elliot on the videos scorecard
Cheating little C. Even if the umpire did give that out, no way he can have an ounce of morality and allow Elliott to walk off when the ball has spewed out a foot behind him.

Curse the pooch operator who cut all those dismissals off, also Sinclair's who apparently put up quite a strop as the silly bastard does regularly.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I want Ryder to be enjoying his cricket, but I'm not sure how great it is that he's flaying domestic bowlers all around the park.

He can be such a compact batsman when he wants to be.
The quote in the Dom Post article had him basically saying he didn't really care about getting out so felt free to play his natural game. Not really ideal. I dare-say he was caught in the deep somewhere again today.

I'm a big Jesse fan but I really hope he sorts his head out soon.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, yeah caught at third man going for a big slog over mid wicket. Really love Kruger in that vid, looks like he's chewing his fingernails (with his gloves on) before exploding with joy when the catch was taken.

Jimmy actually swung the ball today, produced a couple of really nice deliveries. Makes it all the more irritating that he bowls such utter filth for NZ.

Last edited:

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Gees, it is not happening for Murdoch, is it? There are some serious troughs going on this season, but his has got to be the worst of the lot. Career average has dipped below 40; he's got 134 runs from 8 innings at 16.75 this season. The responsibility of captaincy must be an issue with a form drop like that.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The quote in the Dom Post article had him basically saying he didn't really care about getting out so felt free to play his natural game.
The thing is, his natural game that I remember is not really all that aggressive. It was uncomplicated and he was content to leave plenty of balls, rotate the strike and only hit the bad balls.

I'd much rather he play those sweet back foot punches through the covers - the type of shot where he's looking for a single but the timing just happens to be so perfect that it goes for a four - than pulling or cutting the same back-of-a-length delivery.

He had a natural patience and just seemed to love batting. Despite the fact that he's hitting the ball in a godly manner now, I get the feeling that he just can't be ****ed. Of course, that could just be because of ****ty domestic attacks...

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
When's Brad Wilson going to be dropped? 115 runs at an average of 14.38 in FC this season.

George Worker has had a shocker, 89 at 11.13.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
gee, case in point with the Ryder dismissal. That was an awful shot.

If he's going to play like that against England I don't want him selected.