• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Binkley

U19 Captain
Really disappointed so many of the CD quicks are out of this match, as would have been a good gauge against a strong looking Wellington batting lineup.
Where is Milne? Surely they didn't pick Lamb ahead of him?

Glad to see Young in the runs. He impressed me in the HRV Cup game. Nice technique, and kept his head when the rest of his team seemed to lose theirs.

Also glad to see Kuggeleijn get some wickets. He seems a very canny sort of bowler doesn't he? Nice simple technique, decent amount of pace and movement as well.

Blain

U19 Captain
Looks like a bit of a nutter too, never a smile on his face. Love it. Looks a little funny when approaching the crease, if he can iron that out a bit he could become a real threat. Seems to take a fair bit of tap.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it's a bit infuriating that he isn't available for NZ. I wonder if he's received any Big Bash offers?
As noted elsewhere on these forums, there's a decent chance he never will be, so best not to worry about him too much.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Watched Ryder's innings online. Christ he's a freak. One of the balls was practically behind him when he made his first move and in one lightning fast motion flicked it behind square leg for 4. I know he should be taking this more seriously but you can see why he doesn't. If he actually applied himself he'd pick up 200+ every 2nd innings.

Also, Young looks classy.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Franklin getting out cheap by an attack missing our 3 best bowlers ftw.

Hope Taylor plays some 4 dayers. It will be nice to negate Wellington's only (and imported obv) advantage over the other 5 sides.

Also hope Gillespie hits some killer form in his next game.:ph34r: I hope Kugglejuggle announces himself this season as well.

Young is gun btw. Crowe won't like his backlift and he had a poor U19 world cup, but his technique is pretty good and he has a good eye so if he gets in the runs he will be a good player for CD.

Ben Smith is unfortunate to have Kruger come back imo. He has looked a good player every time I've seen him bat, and his keeping just adds to his value.

Wish Papps would have the decency to throw it away here so we can be batting before tea kthnx.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Young is gun btw. Crowe won't like his backlift and he had a poor U19 world cup, but his technique is pretty good and he has a good eye so if he gets in the runs he will be a good player for CD.
Compared to a young R Taylor in DomPost.