Page 68 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Cachopa wag

edit: 6 hundreds and 2 fifties in FC cricket
    Last edited by Flem274*; 25-11-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Carl Cachopa: He scores hundreds

Yeah looks pretty dumb to me. Boam is a top/middle order batter and part time seamer, not first string bowler, lower/middle order batter.

Another Hundred to Cachopa, starting to like this guy.. Looks to be a handy bowler also. I wouldnt want him going to South Africa, but if he can get his first class average above 40 and get some OD runs before England come, he could be a chance. Our middle order is starting to build up a bit of depth with him, Brownlie, Flynn, Franklin and soon to be Ryder looking for spots.

Ronchi in the runs today - 85* from 77 so far.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Yeah looks pretty dumb to me. Boam is a top/middle order batter and part time seamer, not first string bowler, lower/middle order batter.

Another Hundred to Cachopa, starting to like this guy.. Looks to be a handy bowler also. I wouldnt want him going to South Africa, but if he can get his first class average above 40 and get some OD runs before England come, he could be a chance. Our middle order is starting to build up a bit of depth with him, Brownlie, Flynn, Franklin and soon to be Ryder looking for spots.
    He can GAGF. Hopeless, shoulder slumped, ground kicking tosser.

International 12th Man
    If you're going to pick a guy, pick him while he's in form - not 12 months down the track when it cools off a bit. He may well not be ready but he's more ready to warm the bench and be in the environment than Nicol is. The short ball issue - if there is one - can be worked on.

Whats the point of picking him if he is going to sit on the bench and go cold anyway? He still hasnt even hit 1500 runs yet, he needs to build his experience up before being thrown in the losing culture of the Blackcaps. England are coming in Feb, it isn't far away.

Better to have Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Wagner bowling short balls at him in the nets then some dibbly dobblies.

He's not going to go though, I think Brownlie has earned his recall.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Better to have Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Wagner bowling short balls at him in the nets then some dibbly dobblies.

He's not going to go though, I think Brownlie has earned his recall.
    he's got wheeler, milne and mathieson tbf

edit: we should ask England if they want to bring the Lions down when they tour. England are pretty keen on their A programme and while we're not a huge drawcard for A series, experience is experience for their lads. Would be good for us to have a look at how a few players either handle a step up from the Shield or how much they've improved since we saw them last.

The last series was a pretty good contest. Pretty sure in the final game we played the fastest attack we could field on a whim and Mitch M and Te Ahu Davis went ballistic. I wonder where Davis is now.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 25-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Whats the point of picking him if he is going to sit on the bench and go cold anyway? He still hasnt even hit 1500 runs yet, he needs to build his experience up before being thrown in the losing culture of the Blackcaps. England are coming in Feb, it isn't far away.
    A) There's a 3-day match against an SA XI B) He faces Test quality batsmen in open wicket and net situations C) The duration of the SA tour is only HRV Cup back here, which isn't going to fast-track his progress.

Then he can come back in February and England play NZ A in late Feb in a four-dayer, and there's an A tour to England next winter.

But yeah, Brownlie is a better pick given his handling of pace and the short ball which is the main threat in SA.

88 overs so far at Napier, and only 2 of them spin, by Craig. It must be really green .... .??

International 12th Man
    I'm gonna have a guess that seeing there's the absolutely nonsensicle number of wides in a four-day scenario (21) that it's swinging a fair bit and yeah, maybe green seeing it's the first match of the summer at McLean Park (I think).

Which would obviously look even better for Cachopa, albeit it against a fairly innocuous attack.

if it was green it must have flattened out quickly. nethula and milne are scoring a few runs. don't know how much luck they've had but still..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    Styris was a virus in the Aces
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    ..one of the coaching staff saying 'don't be a Styris'.
    Lol, I knew this was a good spot.

Poor from Sky, ND vs. Auckland features at no stage until the final probs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket CoachDB View Post
    Exactly Slippaah, I was gob-smacked to see that it was the same guy-and that he's still so bloody young! I know 18 is a bit young for "A" cricket, let alone FC, but...he has full international experience and a lot of it abroad, so I don't think he'd be fazed in the slightest.
    Over in Auckland City and bumped into my cricket oracle. This lad is HB at his boarding school in 2012 , and has been off the scene cos he put his leadership duties first so unavailable for selection for International Cricket this year .His school are defending national school ( Gillette Cup) champions here but has recently picked up a knee injury and cannot play at Lincoln early next month.Disappointing as the lad is Captain this year and has won national school titles in 2009 ( NZCT Juniors) and in 2010 and 2011(Gillette Cup).

Thread Information