Page 66 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

  1. #976
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    BJ Watling's luxurious curls
    Posts
    35,241
    Quote Originally Posted by African Monkey View Post
    May I ask why?
    Because it's too awesome a rhyme to leave unused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I need u like Henry Nicholls needs batting school
    He was terrible in that series
    I need u like Ross Taylor needed to be fit
    He's way better than Henry Nicholls
    And now all I can think about is your smile
    and that ****** test series too
    Losing to Australia sucked and I miss you
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  2. #977
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by African Monkey View Post
    May I ask why?
    Apart from being a rhyme, it was also true. The younger less established players were **** scared of him and fearful to make an error because Styris would jump down their throats. They certainly didn't feel supported, coached or even valued.

    In fact one player's request to take a day off training last week, after a pretty solid start to the season, was met by one of the coaching staff saying 'don't be a Styris'.

  3. #978
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    50,298
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    In fact one player's request to take a day off training last week, after a pretty solid start to the season, was met by one of the coaching staff saying 'don't be a Styris'.
    !!!
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    Rejecting 'selection deontology' since Mar '15
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    People go into politics to change the world. That's a bad idea. The only good reason to go into politics is to sweep government away so that the world can change itself.


  4. #979
    State Vice-Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,380
    Trego in for CD, Young looks like being 12th man.

    Seamers are Milne, Mathiesen, Lamb. No Wheeler, is this rotation? Or a niggle?
    Probably sensible teaming an old pro with those two at this stage anyway.


  5. #980
    State Vice-Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,380
    and Wells is back already for Otago, I thought he was out for quite a while? Looks like will bat 5. No rotation at Otago with no Wagner available and I assume McMillan injured. Quite a big early season workload for young Duffy, teamed with another greenhorn again (Soper).

    I wonder if Wells will bowl

  6. #981
    State Vice-Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,380
    Both teams who won toss decided to bowl.

    Welly need to hope it seams all game. 4 fast men, 2 seamers, plus part time seam from Ryder. O spinners ( unless Ryder bowls his off breaks). Houghton is 12th man, no Woodcock (who got 5-for in club cricket on Saturday). Think he had personal leave coming up, wedding? Something like that sounds familiar.

  7. #982
    U19 Debutant Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    352
    I think he's just had his first kid.

    Wellington line up looks wierd.. Boam batting 8? **** Elliott should be batting 8 if anywhere. Pace attach looks good though.

    Hope Wheelers not too bad, must have more niggles.

    Aces are such an old man team. Not imterested in many of their players tbh.

  8. #983
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leamington Spa, England
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    The younger less established players were **** scared of him and fearful to make an error because Styris would jump down their throats..
    Sounds like Coventry City goalkeeper Joe Murphy. Goes nuts whenever we concede, even if it's his fault. Saturday was a great example, and he topped it off with an "I'm an angry troll, grrrrr" jump-up-and-down stupidly tantrum. Although I was gutted to see my side concede a last minute equaliser, it made me laugh out loud!

  9. #984
    Cricketer Of The Year straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    7,831
    Ryder and Cachopa in the runs yet again - good to see.

  10. #985
    International 12th Man BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,509
    Paper down here saying Wells won't bowl at this stage.

    Re: Duffy bowling loads, I imagine they'd planned for him to get a game off at some stage but he hasn't been bowling huge amounts of overs so far. Certainly nothing like the number a perpetually injured young Aussie quick bowled in one of his first FC games, which just happened to be the Sheffield Shield final.

    Also - Soper has got How and Sinclair today. To go with Fulton and Worker in his first game. Has always had a knack for getting high quality players out.

  11. #986
    State Vice-Captain Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,380
    Yeah. With Neesham having a good season with the ball,Otago have 4 good seam options per match. So not too much load on the bowlers. Plus Craig has bowled a lot if overs and got a lot of wickets so far.

    Spinners in general getting plenty of overs and wickets in Plunket shield so far, not even Dec yet.

  12. #987
    International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City of Sails
    Posts
    4,663
    Hopefully Ryder gets a big one. Cachopa is still scoring ****ing runs as well.

  13. #988
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    11,441
    Hmmm, Mathieson and Milne. Could be either a lot of runs or a lot of wickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  14. #989
    Cricketer Of The Year straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    7,831
    I've seen on here a few times that Mathieson bowls 140+. Is this NZ domestic "140+" which means 135km/h with an occasional ball at 140km/h or is he genuinely really consistently quick?

    Can see why Ryder would score runs against this Auckland attack - lots of 130km/h medium pace that relies on accuracy and just a little swing or nibble off the seam to get wickets. Breakfast for Jesse.

  15. #990
    State Captain Meridio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, West New Zealand
    Posts
    1,825
    Ryder in 'lol, domestic bowlers' mode again. Currently 51 off 50.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The man who revolutionised cricket
    By C_C in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15-06-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:51 AM
  3. New cricket gear for the new season
    By Jakester1288 in forum Coaching and Equipment Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 03:52 AM
  4. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 08:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •