• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Flem274*

123/5
So Mathieson is either not fast, can't control his speed (he's been in the 140s and 130s and all over the show) or he is bowling within himself.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hahahahhahahahahaha

CD promoted their number 8 to have a free license to swing. But like all lower order players who get promoted to open the batting he didn't want to look like an idiot swinging right away so he tried to bat properly (which defeated the point of his promotion) and he got out first ball.

I find this amusing as we used to promote our number 10 and 11 all the time in club cricket to open the batting and have a swing when we were chasing 8 an over or something and they would always play forward defensive shots instead.

Flem274*

123/5
Is it just me or has Papps put on a few kilos?

Young and Smith look quality at this level, and at least appear to have the tools for the longer formats as well. Keepers for us imo.

edit: as soon as I say it Smith gets sawn off...

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Is it just me or has Papps put on a few kilos?

Young and Smith look quality at this level, and at least appear to have the tools for the longer formats as well. Keepers for us imo.

edit: as soon as I say it Smith gets sawn off...
Young's a gun. You spotted him a while back iirc.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Bowling, Woaksey. Good to see the Bears combo in suffocating form :D Although no way should Kuggeleijn be above Woakes in the batting order! Hmm, I suppose this makes me a Wellington fan for the season..not sure how I feel about that :unsure:

Why's Trego not bowling I wonder?