• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Well done to the dude. He's been pretty damn good for ND. Would've been worth a few more ODIs than he got as well. Am I forgetting a horror game or something?
Wasn't particularly impressive against Zimbabwe tbf. His last ODI was the one Zimbabwe chased down 300+ iirc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To me he always looked to have more about his bowling than Arnel, aesthetically anyway. Obviously a much better bat too.

brockley

International Captain
Ashley Ross a batsmen from South Australia could be another possible kiwi,his father worked with the NZ Cricket Board.

Flem274*

123/5
He'll be right in with the jobz for the boyz then. Expect him to be announced vice captain for the South African tour.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Alex Ross is a very good prospect. Had a promising record at youth level for Capital Territories. Had a good Grade average last season for a youngster and has started well this year. Did pretty well for MCC in the English 2nd XI Championship last season: http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/E...ne_Cricket_Club_Young_Cricketers_Batting.html

He played a superb knock in the Ryobi for SA in November. I saw highlights of his 62 against WA and he was very powerful down the ground in particular. He was clear MOM for rescuing his team from 61-4 to build a winning total. I reckon he's not far off the Shield side either tbh and he's only 20 years old, so I can't really see him doing a Ronchi/Hutchinson any time soon if he is eligible to do so!

Dunno why he's virtually stopped bowling, his offies did quite well a couple of years ago. Of course if he was in the present Aussie Test side, he'd bowl every innings.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Yes Alex was picked in the Shield squad but made 12th man,surprised he in no Big Bash squad.There is a hint there.:-O

Flem274*

123/5
BOP fielding a stupidly strong side this weekend

Bay of Plenty: Jono Boult (captain), Joe Carter, Peter Drysdale, Bharat Popli, Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Graeme Aldridge, Daniel Flynn, Corey Anderson, Tim Clarke, Brett Hampton, Tony Goodin

Howsie

International Captain
Counties Manukau have named a pretty handy squad too. Tamati Clarke, Brent Arnel, Jonny Bassett-Graham, Shane Gadsdon, Nick Kelly and Ish Sodhi are the players of note.

Five internationals, seven other first class cricketers and half a dozen NZ under 19 or ND A cricketers. Should make for a pretty good game haha.

Howsie

International Captain
Keir Bettley (C) James Baker, Peter Bocock, Anton Devcich, Andy Dodd, Mike Dodunski, Ross Fitz-John, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Bradley Scott, Joe Walker, Cameron Weight.

Hamilton's team for the two day match against Northland this weekend. I can't find the Northland team list but I would imagine Brad Wilson, James Marshall, Joey Yovich and perhaps even Southee should all be included. Dewayne Bowden is up that way now too.

Chubb

International Regular
Who'd like to see the Southland team? And who cares?

Jason Domigan (c), Mark Beer, Hamish Cooke, Ryan Duffy, Shaun Fitzgibbon, Michael Grattan, Jonathan Hodson, Callum Johnstone, Ryan Meyer, Hamish O'Brien, Rhuebyn Prattley, Simon Wadworth.

Ryan Duffy is Jacob Duffy's older brother. But the interesting name is Ryan Meyer, an Australian chinaman bowler who has come over to try to crack FC cricket. He is apparently a bit egotistical and threw a tantrum when he got out against my club's senior side a couple of weeks ago. I would have played in that game but got dropped at the last minute, albeit for the best bowler in Southland, who does not make himself available for the Hawke Cup.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Who'd like to see the Southland team? And who cares?

Jason Domigan (c), Mark Beer, Hamish Cooke, Ryan Duffy, Shaun Fitzgibbon, Michael Grattan, Jonathan Hodson, Callum Johnstone, Ryan Meyer, Hamish O'Brien, Rhuebyn Prattley, Simon Wadworth.

Ryan Duffy is Jacob Duffy's older brother. But the interesting name is Ryan Meyer, an Australian chinaman bowler who has come over to try to crack FC cricket. He is apparently a bit egotistical and threw a tantrum when he got out against my club's senior side a couple of weeks ago. I would have played in that game but got dropped at the last minute, albeit for the best bowler in Southland, who does not make himself available for the Hawke Cup.
Can confirm Meyer threw a tantrum against my team as well. He got out for a duck so can't comment on his batting but faced his bowling for a few overs and it was decent I guess. Didn't turn it big but got a bit of bounce.

Chubb

International Regular
Can confirm Meyer threw a tantrum against my team as well. He got out for a duck so can't comment on his batting but faced his bowling for a few overs and it was decent I guess. Didn't turn it big but got a bit of bounce.
Who do you play for?