Page 60 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Yep I'd take Adam Milne too, over both Martin and Wagner. Reckon it would be the perfect tour to introduce him to the test squad.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

4 quicks, bracewell and milne to take the ball after southee and boult.

...stop. I'm getting optimistic again.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Yep I'd take Adam Milne too, over both Martin and Wagner. Reckon it would be the perfect tour to introduce him to the test squad.
    Not a Wagner fan?

Nope.

Erratic, does nothing with the ball whilst only being a little bit above medium pace. Massive hothead too. I've never been impressed and to be perfectly honest I can't see how anyone could be. As soon as Ben Wheeler gets over his fitness issues he'll fall behind him too I reckon.

Howsie is New Zealand's Greg Chappell IMO.

That said, I don't rate Wagner either.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

That's the most atrocious pun I've seen all week.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I think Milne needs to do slightly more than take a 4fer on a greentop against the worst domestic batting lineup in the country before coming into serious contention for the Blackcaps. Wheeler outbowled him in that match anyway.

Also I'm not sure playing arguably the strongest batting lineup in the world in foreign conditions would be my definition of a perfect tour to debut in test cricket.

If Milne shreds domestic batting lineups this summer then maybe he could be debuted during the West Indies when they tour here next year. Moderate opposition in home conditions strikes me as an ideal scenario for a young quick to debut. It also gives Bracewell and Gillespie the time in the side that they've earned through their performances for New Zealand in the past 12 months.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 22-11-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I think Milne needs to do slightly more than take a 4fer on a greentop against the worst domestic batting lineup in the country before coming into serious contention for the Blackcaps. Wheeler outbowled him in that match anyway.

Also I'm not sure playing arguably the strongest batting lineup in the world in foreign conditions would be my definition of a perfect tour to debut in test cricket.

If Milne shreds domestic batting lineups this summer then maybe he could be debuted during the West Indies when they tour here next year. Moderate opposition in home conditions strikes me as an ideal scenario for a young quick to debut. It also gives Bracewell and Gillespie the time in the side that they've earned through their performances for New Zealand in the past 12 months.
    Howsie to make another post about x-factor players.

Keep Milne in Domestic cricket imo, let him build up his record and experience. Even out of 20/20 and ODIs, let him rise to the top of domestic cricket before mounting pressure on him mentally and physically. Him, Wheeler and Small playing for CD would be awesome to watch.

Good points.

SA pitches are faster though. Might be quite rewarding for a young fast bowler, all that bounce and carry. It would also encourage him to use his pace.

On NZ pitches, the medium pace seamers seem to get a huge chunk of the rewards (see recent Ellis 6-fer and entire career of Daryl Tuffey).

You're right though, Gillespie and Bracewell have earned it, probably Martin too.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Immenso View Post
    I'd definitely like gillespie on the tour, but only if fit, with overs under his belt, and on form. There's still 2 more pre Xmas games to go at least. Doesn't strike me as a good addition if things aren't quite riight.

With Bracewell's patchy form, it would be handy if he finds his mojo.
    I would definitely take Gillespie if he's bowling well and is fit. Fit for Gillespie means having played three months of cricket without breaking down though.

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    That's the most atrocious pun I've seen all week.
    That is the most atrocious piece of writing I've ever read, I don't need to narrow it down to just this week.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    So we have a player with a doosra about to play domestic...itstl
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post

Milne realistically doesn't have to do bugger all, he's quick, proper quick. Whether people like it or not having the ability to bowl 150k counts for a lot, especially in this country. His first class record is pretty handy anyway, if it stays where it is he'll be playing test cricket sooner rather than later. Certainly well before the Windies get here next summer anyway, I'd bet my house on it.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Milne realistically doesn't have to do bugger all, he's quick, proper quick. Whether people like it or not having the ability to bowl 150k counts for a lot, especially in this country. His first class record is pretty handy anyway, if it stays where it is he'll be playing test cricket sooner rather than later. Certainly well before the Windies get here next summer anyway, I'd bet my house on it.
    You might be right, but just because the New Zealand cricket watching public has a serious boner for genuine pace bowlers, that shouldn't dictate selection policy. Milne still bowls a load of old rubbish. I've yet to see him bowl a spell where he doesn't consistently drop short and wide. Until he masters the fundamentals of seam bowling, international batsmen will continue to pick him apart.

Also, Milne hasn't looked genuinely fast since that T20 against Pakistan where he got boshed around at 12 rpo. He was high 130's to mid 140's in India and SL recently, which is pretty standard pace wise. Which is fine, he shouldn't kill himself trying to squeeze out a couple of 150k long hops an over. But South African and English batsmen will have no worries about playing him at that pace, especially if he continues to be all over the shop.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 22-11-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Thread Information