• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
And Canning was opening the bowling, ick

Hitchcock batting 6 and bowling god knows what at that stage. Yeah I think shield has improved since 5 or so years ago..... As mentioned earlier in one of the threads. Wasn't that pretty much when a glut of non-internationals we're basically retiring by their late 20s to get on with their proper careers? (plus those ruined by the academy and bio-dynamics as per o'briens article)

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket | James Franklin Ready to Show Who is Boss... | Stuff.co.nz

Many see Franklin as a follower rather than a leader and his body language has been compared to that of a doddery aunt, but Franklin has been around the block and is excited at the honour.

His style of captaincy is expected to be in keeping with his laidback manner, think more Stephen Fleming than Steve Waugh.

"I won't be crossing my arms and kicking the dirt too much," Franklin said.

"I'm genuinely looking forward to it."

Franklin's top flight captaincy experience is limited to leading New Zealand A in Zimbabwe two years ago.

He can hear the critics, those that believe his style is not conducive to captaining a side.

But he hopes to be judged on performance and results - well in this case, result.

"I've got to be pro-active and I'll throw ideas at bowlers about possible field placings.

"Who knows, captaincy might be a good thing for me in terms of my body language and all that stuff that people have crapped on about for years."
Franklin has reviewed his game over the past few weeks and in consultation with national bowling coach Shane Bond, he is going to have another crack at bowling in the low 130kmh range rather than the mid 120kmh range. :detective

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I had vague recollections of Munro being more of a bowler in his first stint, so I checked on Cricket Archive. He batted 11 on his FC debut. And bowled first change. He had moved to number 10 by his second match.
He certainly was, used to bat around 8-9 for club side as well. Bowled good heat, took 7 wickets in an Auckland one-day final and got called up. But always been a potent striker and worked hard on it to the point where his bowling is just a part-time fallback.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just when you think
You're in control
Just when you think
You've got a hold
Just when you get on a roll...

Here's Munro, here's Munro, here's Munro again.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Just realized Chris Martin has replaced (in the match) Dean Bartlett. Take a 5-for in first innings, replaced for the second innings......

I realize he is most junior, and I'm delighted the blackcaps are parachuting in half way through these games. But that is harsh...

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Tastle putting his hand up for club honours, thanks to Anderson and Watling.

Good to see Watling back in the runs, has had a bit of a dry patch in domestic so far. Hopefully pushes Van Wyk out of it.. Also Anderson, if he really is bowling around 135-140kmh and can get some consistancy in his batting, could be a bolter against England. For the short stuff anyway.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep congrats to the big fella, well deserved. I wonder with a chance of this being his last season whether or not Arnel will have enough time to chase it down himself? Unlikely but it could happen.

Looks as though the weather will rob us of victory this round, just not our season by the looks of things, could easily have two or three wins by now.

Blain

U19 Captain
So Littlejohn was watching him.. He will pull out his pie chart, see his second hundred of the season and include him in he side. Probably thinks he'll be opening the bowling with his stats!

Flem274*

123/5
Well done to the dude. He's been pretty damn good for ND. Would've been worth a few more ODIs than he got as well. Am I forgetting a horror game or something?

So Littlejohn was watching him.. He will pull out his pie chart, see his second hundred of the season and include him in he side. Probably thinks he'll be opening the bowling with his stats!
As if we ever used that pie chart in the first place.

edit: if Yovich still could actually bowl to FC standard though then it would be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited: